View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Fly Fishing Wife

I would like for my wife to be interested in fly-fishing, but considering she let me fish on the honeymoon, I guess I can't complain.

One suggestion I will offer for anyone wanting to get their wife started is to at least have the initial casting instruction taught by someone else. She'll likely find the whole hobby less frustrating if she doesn't see how frustrated you get trying to teach her how to cast. At the shop I worked for in San Antonio the two managers would actually have the other guy work with their wife on casting anytime the need came up.

I'll also agree with Steve that women learn fly casting easier and make it look easier than men do. They just don't seem to have the urge to whip the rod harder when the line isn't doing what they want. I did manage to teach a college girlfriend how to cast/fish and she caught over 10 fish her first time out. If only she would listen that well all the time...

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.