View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Any Sage TCR Fans?

WOW! I cast one for the first time last week and was extremely impressed. I know that many out there view this rod as too fast, period, but I loved it. I thought it had just enough flex at 30' to feel what I needed, but had no trouble booming a 100' cast either. I will readlily admit that I am not the best caster out there, and will also admit to being one of the gorillas who benefits from the stiffer rods, but wow.

I would just love to hear any opinions from those who have cast it as I trust/value the opinions of those on this board very highly.

I should also add that the one I cast was the 8wt. I will also give you my preferences before casting this rod. In order: 9' 8wt Powell Tiburon, 8'6" 8wt Sage RPLXi, and then the 9' 8wt Sage XP. I should also add that my "big" rod of choice is a Scott Heliply 8'8" 9wt.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.