View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Best Waders: Simms Vs. Orvis

Sox,

I wore Orvis 4mm Guide Weight neoprene waders for many years and always loved them, the only leaks I ever had I caused.

Then I went to light weight waders, I have owned two kinds in the past ten years; I got 8 years out of a pair of LL Bean Wicked Tough waders and have now replaced them with a pair of Simms G3 waders which I like very much.

The Orvis waders cost 225 in the late eighties through the last year they were made (around) 1997.

The LL Bean Wicked Tough (and they were) cost 365 I think, in 2002.

The Simms cost 399 last fall, so if you want really good ones be ready at the cash drawer. I have read posts from people who get by fine using very affordable waders and I am glad to hear they have found a product that preforms for them. I am hard on my waders and do not want to find a leak in my seat or knees because I didn't get the best I could, so I save my money and get the good stuff when it comes to waders. Nothing will ruin an outing like discovering that your left leg is filling with water.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;