View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 01:41 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all
Default Re: Best Waders: Simms Vs. Orvis

I have a pair of Orvis Silverlabel II stockingfoot waders. Not wanting to spend a load of money on my first set of waders ever, I opted for Ebay. I was able to buy an Orvis set of waders still new in packing, but was not able to find a set of boots to match so I bought a pair of Simms boots. Sacriledge I know.
So far they have been awesome!!!!!!
Quality is excellent. The legs have extra layers in the high wear areas, i.e. the knees, rump area. Yet everything is so light and flexible. (From all I have heard and read Orvis has one of the better warranties in the business. But having not actually needed the warranty I can't actually give my personal opinion on it. Sorry.)
I was wanting a set of Simms but after stumbling on these Orvis waders I will definitely be considering Orvis for my next wader purchase. Hopefully though it wont be for quite a while though.
All said I would definitely recommend Orvis.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...