View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: LI area freshwater fishing-trout

Sox,

I have included a couple good links here and some text taken from memory. Sometimes when a post shows up here it jogs my mind and I have to stop and say "its been awhile but I did that".

I have not been to Long Island since the seventies but............ look for the Carmans River. This is a spring creek actually and it holds an interesting history. Here's a link,

This is where Daniel Webster is said to have caught the largest Brook Trout in US history that had been recorded up to that time. The debate continues on this, see this link; Carmen's River

At any rate I'm sure things have changed since 1977 but by visiting the flow and carrying a fly rod while doing so you will be fulfilling one of the many steps on the path of angling history that I have traveled. Incidentally, I did manage a couple brookies while there. They were small and possibly stoked but still...........

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;