View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Cast Like A Pro

dougm will become famous soon enoughdougm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any Sage TCR Fans?

The Diamondglass isn't designed to be a boomer. In fact, Diamondback brought the series out as trout rods designed for smaller waters. Ed Story of Feather-Craft told me of a wealthy friend who fished the Diamondglass 5-weight for a couple of months in Montan waters and now won't fish anything else. That's when I decided to do a review.

The entire series enjoys what I would call a medium action. Cortland describes these rods as light, responsive, accurate and uniquely sensitive ... I fully agree.

The light weight is surprising. For example, the 7-foot 3-weight I mentioned to Curtis weighs about 3.3 oz. The 8-footer I am currently reviewing comes in at 3.5 oz. In my hands, the 5-weight easily reaches 65-feet (measured) and I might be able to press it a little further, depending on the specific line used; however, in the 30 to 55-foot range, it's deadly.

Cliff, I truly believe that fiberglass is at it's best in shorter lengths ... and that doesn't mean they will not throw a long line. Tell you what, I will start a new thread on my favorite rod that you might find of interest...

Doug

Fly Fishing with Doug Macnair
www.douglasmacnair.com