The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Rivers, Vista's, and Some Fish;

With the long span of time between seasons here I have few threads to post so I am placing some items from my files here. Little by little I will add more pictures.

As the thread grows, if you are interested in seeing the photographs you'll need to scroll down to find new posts. I will try not to copy the pictures that are in my album here on the 'Profile' page. There are a bunch there and you can run a sort of slide show with them.

Some bridges are better than others. I've crossed a lot of them but this is my favorite, Alaska style.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Wild Poppies along a favorite stream;

Another char;

Frozen Moss & Lichen on a tree at the cabin;

Common or Ring Neck Loons;

High Country Spring;

A nice one;

Sea run trout; I'm alone a lot so snapshot pictures are my norm. For the record, the length between the tip pf my thumb and middle finger is 9 1/4". Big hands, they sort of make the fish smaller. I don't know how long most of them are but this was a nice one.

Nice Char Hen;

Wading the Kenai; I like to park the pontoon boat and hoof it.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-24-2011, 05:57 PM

jamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Rivers, Vista's, and Some Fish;

Beautiful Ard, love the plant hangers!!

That pic of the loons is special. So simple, yet so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

Jamie
Old 04-24-2011, 09:29 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

looks like the kenai i love! nice pics my friend.

casey

ARFE
Old 04-24-2011, 09:39 PM

mrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to behold

Nice Ard!

I gotta get me one of those plant hangers.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Living vicariously through your photos Ard thanks for sharing them!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: Thanks for sharing, I never get tired of looking at Alaska scenary photos and the fish are a bonus!

Larry

Old 04-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_fysh View Post
Nice Ard!

I gotta get me one of those plant hangers.
Well I think I know what I'll be doing next Winter in your dad's shop.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Yes Casey that's the one you love.

Larry & Bill, I am going to be packing my camera this year every time I wet a line so you will get pictures from here.

Fysh, Now you finally know what to build for the deck

Mrs. Fysh, you're gonna love them when you get em done.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics Ard....that bridge is amazingYou should try one of the rods...maybe a little stiff
Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Just beautiful!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.