The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Jean Paul's Salmon Fly;

Our member form France Jean Paul, aka JP. posted some flies on the 'Your Flies for Alaska Salmon Fishing' thread and then was kind enough to mail me some of them. I like them all but can tell you that no matter where you fish for salmon the Bunny fur fly with the bead head is going to be a killer.

If you have not checked it out go to Flies for Alaska and click Salmon Flies. The one I'm talking about is on page one.

Jean Paul thank you, and I will be posting pictures of the fish that try to take your flies from me. It took until I had them in my hand until I said, "This will work" and I mean work well!

Ard
Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Jean Paul's Salmon Fly;

mighty nice of you JP.
Got to go see the fly now.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Our member form France Jean Paul, aka JP. posted some flies on the 'Your Flies for Alaska Salmon Fishing' thread and then was kind enough to mail me some of them. I like them all but can tell you that no matter where you fish for salmon the Bunny fur fly with the bead head is going to be a killer.

If you have not checked it out go to Flies for Alaska and click Salmon Flies. The one I'm talking about is on page one.

Jean Paul thank you, and I will be posting pictures of the fish that try to take your flies from me. It took until I had them in my hand until I said, "This will work" and I mean work well!

Ard
You're welcome Ard,it was a pleasure and also a great honour to tie flies for a wellknown salmon flyfishermanit was a bit weird though for I've never fished for salmon....however I hope you'll catch fish with them...and I'll be delighted to see pics of fish caught with these flies ...I may catch my first salmon through your intermediary...thanks a lot!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: JP tied up some very nice looking streamers. I really like the Nancy Special (I tend to favor the bright flies in orange, red or purples).

Larry
Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
You're welcome Ard,it was a pleasure and also a great honour to tie flies for a wellknown salmon flyfishermanit was a bit weird though for I've never fished for salmon....however I hope you'll catch fish with them...and I'll be delighted to see pics of fish caught with these flies ...I may catch my first salmon through your intermediary...thanks a lot!
JP,

You have my word. I will give them to the fish. You will not be disapointed if I catch a really big steelhead trout with them will you?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
JP,

You have my word. I will give them to the fish. You will not be disapointed if I catch a really big steelhead trout with them will you?
I won't Ard...for I've never caught a steelhead either
Old 04-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great job JP! They look like winners.