The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Members Living in Alaska;

Hi,

Do we have any members who are residents of Alaska? I ask this because there may be some who are only occasional posters and I am hoping that if you see this post you will drop me a privet message so we could chat.

It's sort of lonely here for me

Ard
Old 08-03-2010, 12:44 AM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Members Living in Alaska;

Hey Ard.

I'm here from Kenai. Have to be more of us I would think.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vance,

We had a fella over in Cordova but he has become inactive. How are you doing on the river down there?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road

Did great filling the freezer (dipnetting. 115 fish including a 40# king my 16yr old daughter caught in under 3 hrs. That was 3 permit holders in the boat)a couple weeks ago. Had my 6yr old son flipping for reds in front of the house a couple of times with no success. Couple of nights ago we spent about an hour of quality time sitting in the boat tied to the bouy in front of the house soaking eggs for silvers. I had a few nibbles but no success.
Company from Montana just left Saturday (with 700# of saltwater fish they caught from their boat. An every year thing.) so hopefully life will slow down a bit & I can get out & chase grayling & trout a bit. May take the family up to Summit lake in the pass this Sunday afternoon just to get out of town. If so I'll take my new float tube & see if I can get anything interested. I've never fly fished still water before. Any fly suggestions???
Old 08-04-2010, 05:01 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

I sent some material to a guy in Kenai, not sure if he is a member or not..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 03-30-2011, 12:04 PM

tandrin is on a distinguished road

I am out in Big Lake but spend most of my summer down at the in-law's in Sterling.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Hi,

I am out KGB Road, why don't you drop me a PM sometime? Do you fish below Skilak on the river? I go down there now and then.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-14-2011, 12:38 AM

nerka will become famous soon enoughnerka will become famous soon enough

Im in Anchorage via Bristol Bay. Im heading down to the Penninsula this weekend to hit the clam tides. Ill probably wet a line at some point as well.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:05 PM

rrarods is on a distinguished road

I am currently living in Colorado but my dad lives in fairbanks. I need to get whom out fishing there. Ill ne moving up there in a year or two so I will be hitting you all up soon!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Custom Rods You Can Afford to Fish
www.rollingriveranglers.com
Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 PM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about

I'm in Eagle River. I sometimes fish the Kenai/Russian but usually go to the valley instead.