The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 09:37 AM

springtex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Photographs; When Autum Comes to Alaska

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing these.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:25 PM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Those pictures are beautiful, Makes me want to move to Alaska if I didn't have my kids. Thank you for sharing
Old 09-22-2011, 03:00 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Those pictures are great makes me want to come to Alaska...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi fellas,

I am waiting until the leaves are all down and the fish are all caught and then I will fill a couple entries on the blog page with photographs and details about the where and the how that they were taken. The colors of fall here include the leaves of course, but also the fish. The silvers are quickly becoming coho, I have a hard time thinking of them as silvers once they blush up and then turn to a beautiful crimson red, likewise I have trouble looking at a bright one and calling it coho when they are so Silver.......... the trout are very colored now and the char will be taking on the colors of spawning with every passing week. With a little effort I'll be able to capture a little of the beauty in each day I get to spend afield and on the rivers and creeks.

I'll put it on the blog entries on the profile pages so they won't get buried away as a lost thread. I'll make a post with a couple shots and then hint around to where the mother load is at

I'm so glad to get feedback on the images and knowing you like them will bring many more.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: Fantastic fall Alaska photos, I sure do miss that part of the country, thanks for sharing!

Larry

Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

ard,
i cant wait too see some fall char shots, in my mind some of the prettiest color combinations in nature.
the fall leave transformation up there aint to shabby either

casey

ARFE
Old 09-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I wish it could be Fall all year with full blown color, but I guess if it was....I wouldn't appreciate it as much. Best time of the year.

Great pics Ard.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 09-22-2011, 11:54 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

You're killing me Ard. Absolutely lovely. Makes me ready for the color change here, though your Alaskan scenery is tough to top.

Thanks for sharing!

Sep
Old 09-24-2011, 01:25 PM

Brewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really nice

Hey Ard - your photos bring back a lot of memories, and an intense craving to get back North! You truly live in America's last frontier!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Everyone,

In case you missed it, Alaska doesn't have the Reds like the New England forest.

Thanks for sharing your photos Ard.

Frank