The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Some Alaskan Fish Pictures;

Blog readers may have seen some of these before and some may be new to you as well. I don't always have a camera and am often alone, many a nice fish has made its getaway while I was trying to handle a camera and a fish at the same time. I try not to beach them just for photos but sometimes that happens too.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 10-13-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Alaskan Fish Pictures;

Great pics Ard

Can't wait to get a camera I can take fishing.

Dave
Old 10-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Default More Alaskan Fish Pictures;

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Old 10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Alaskan Fish Pictures;

Ard: Wow, you landed some awesome looking fish this season, congrats!

Larry

Old 10-13-2011, 09:40 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

wow
now that's a bunch of awesome fish ard! some really nice char and bows in there and the salmon aren't too bad either.
great stuff as always man!

casey

ARFE
Old 10-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Those are not from this year Larry, I will add them soon, I got some beauties this season

Old 10-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Here are some from 2011, the search for the 2 foot trout continues but I have been catching more as fall goes on toward winter. I've had a couple dandies on the fly but they escaped before there would be a photo session.

I took three kings and then released the rest, these were taken on three successive days. After I stopped killing them I was able to catch several each day, when you take a fish you must stop fishing but if you release you may continue.

Next came the Chums & Sockeye; Chum all released and socks harvested. Too bad the Chum aren't as good on the table because I got a bunch.

This is not a big Sockeye (7 lb) but it chased the fly (Freight Train) all the way across the river and then hit it like it had insulted a hen! This is rare for the Socks but when fresh the males can and often will be aggressive. This tends to vary from river system to system. I've fished them in rivers where they will not stop swimming upstream long enough to even see a fly let alone grab it.

With the coming of the Silver Salmon runs I was able to round out the salmon selection for the table, we are well stocked with King, Sock, and Silvers After the salmon harvesting is done I turn the attention to fishing for trout. During the past 6 weeks I have caught an incredible number of silver salmon who were in various stages of the change from what I call a Silver over to what I call a Coho. They are beautiful fish and are quite the challenge on an 8 pound leader and trout rod. It was hard to sort a trout form these guys. These pictures demonstrate the sequence of color change they display.

I've never taken a picture of a ripe Coho before but this guy was actually beautiful to see, still strong and prime for breeding. And like the guy said in the original Dirty Harry movie "My, that's a big one"

I'll stick another post on here with trout, grayling and char in it soon.

Ard

Old 10-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Awsome pictures Ard! You left out the Rainbow that had the red fins though. That may be the prettiest Rainbow I ever saw.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Impressive ArdLarry if you closely look at the pics you'll see Ard's wearing LL Bean waders...then Simms ones...so the pics were not taken on the same year....elementary dear Dr Larry Ard are the red shadows on the third pic fish...or red weeds
Old 10-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Administrator

You are very observant JP, I now wear the Simms waders with an LL Bean belt just to confuse you guys