The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 12:32 PM

beagle is on a distinguished road
Default Copper River (the rest of the yr)

We have the Copper to ourselves about 8 months of the year and beside hunting for moose and bear we also have a pretty productive trapline!Click the image to open in full size.
Here's a wolf that was in our yard intent on a beagle for breakfast.Click the image to open in full size. A brown bear chasing our bluetickClick the image to open in full size.Conibear barrel set ,,nice lynx,,not to smart though!Click the image to open in full size.Smoke full of salmon stripsClick the image to open in full size.Old bull just up from Copper River LodgeClick the image to open in full size.Our homestead,Click the image to open in full size.wrecked cub heading to the shopClick the image to open in full size.wolves taken off a moose kill (theirs)
thorsten likes this.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:38 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copper River (the rest of the yr)

I am impressed with the pic of the bear chasing the hound, Know that I couldn't have taken such a great shot while running the other way with the camera pointed back over my shoulder.

Thanks for sharing...Should give you my address in case there is more smoked salmon then your family can eat...lol

Dave
fredaevans likes this.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

beagle: Great photos, I love that one of the brown bear chasing your hound. Keep the photos coming I really enjoy seeing Alaska photos, I lived there 16 years and really miss it.

Larry

Old 12-04-2011, 08:27 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Interesting! Looks like rugged living!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:03 PM

Here's the results of our December Moose Hunt!
My bull was by what Rainbow River Lodge calls the Presidential Stretch.Click the image to open in full size.

My wife took hers on what Copper River Lodge calls The Lower Straightaway.Click the image to open in full size.
fredaevans and thorsten like this.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:26 AM

On the Copper near the famous Lunch Hole!!Click the image to open in full size.
thorsten likes this.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:47 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Those are some great pics . I love to trap when i was a kid my dad trapped but now there is not that much trapping here and no where to sell the furs,I would love that there.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Beagle...thanks for sharing part of your life with us...very cool pics. Rainbow River Lodge is for bows around Iliamna (sp?) right? -Mike
Old 02-14-2012, 06:06 PM

pikehunter948 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pics, reminiscing of finer days gone by - brings a tear to my eye!
I left after we finished building the pipeline road. 2nd biggest mistake of my life.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Mike Rainbow River Lodge is just up the crik from us,we caretake it and Copper River Lodge as well. With the big salmon runs lately the fishing has been better than I can ever remember. My wife and I are avid hunters and give the local brown bears a run for the $$.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
We are allowed a bear a year apiece within 2.5 miles from the mouth of the Copper!
thorsten likes this.