The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumping Grayling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afman87 View Post
Hardyreel you are the MAN! I caught fist fulls great sized grayling today. Used a #6 Black Woolly Bugger with some green tinsel running through it. Honestly I kind of thought you were full of it when the first fish I hooked was about 5in... but then I stopped setting the hook on strikes I could see and waited to feel them. Smallest fish I caught after that was 12in even a couple 16" and an 18". Even let my 3year old reel a few in! Her first!
Click the image to open in full size.
Wow, what a great photo, definitely one you will want to keep! Congrats on landing some really nice sized Grayling! I still like fishing for them on top, expecially in clear water where you can see them ripping up to the surface to intercept your fly.

Larry

Old 08-10-2012, 04:19 PM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all
Default Re: Jumping Grayling!

once on a fishing trip, I sat quietly in the bushes and watched as the grayling leaps from the water and tries to catch insects... later I caught him and let him go...
Old 08-27-2012, 01:33 AM

adidas4275 is on a distinguished road

That's amazing!