The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Another Pile of Wood;

The pile at the end of the drive continues to grow; just a few more logs to skid up from the woods down back and it'll be time to cut, split, and stack. Is anyone else getting ready for winter?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: Another Pile of Wood;

Got my pellet stove clean.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but for us it involved buying some warm pajamas for our daughter. That looks like some serious splitting in your future. If you'll spring for my ticket I'll be happy to come help (and get some fishing in too...)
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

The stove cleaning is behind me as is the chimney cleaning. More sawing and skidding before it all gets cut to length and split. William, you better plan on getting here by November 1st because the shelf ice builds up by then and we're done.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 AM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

The last three days here were 110, 111, and 109 degrees, and did not break records. I am, however, in the process of putting together a backcountry ski setup, and prepping for a weeklong Sierra trip ten days hence. Psyched about that! milt
Old 10-03-2012, 04:20 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Oh yeah,
Pitchin' wood is my favorite thing to do.
Can you feel the sarcasm.
I do love a wood stove fire on a cool day though. Makes it all worth while.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Is anyone else getting ready for winter?
O yea,I finished same job two months ago
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

since my main heat is natural gas (right in the middle of the boom) I keep enough wood around for those really cold windy times, plus it burns coal to (another advantage since coal is all around too) I have about 2 cord done and will get back to cutting when i get back from a New England trip the next 2 weeks. hunt for 3 days cut for one then hunt for 3 and cut for one is how I plan to do it when i'm back..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: Looks like you have enough work to keep you out of trouble for awhile!

The other day I helped Dexter stack some of his wood for the winter (he is the guy that boards the girlfriends horse). I think his goal was five cords cut and stacked. Everyone around here that uses wood is cuttting the pine beetle killed trees, but they will never make a dent in the number of trees that have been killed. The permit costs $20 for 5 cords so it is a pretty good deal, but not as good as cutting off your property!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Good job Ard....the only thing you have to do now is...to sharpen Nancy's axe
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.