The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: So, Why Am I Not Fishing?

Better double down on the Karma Jason, it never did quit. It's 5:12 PM now and the snow is coming down hard.

The good news is that I began thawing a 14 pound turkey on Thursday for Sunday Dinner. I just said to Nancy "look at the bright side honey, It'll be just like Thanksgiving all over again. The turkey, the snow, just perfect huh"

All we can do is laugh
dean_mt likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-18-2013, 09:48 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Holy sheet Ard! That's tough...but then again it is still May. I've seen snow fall like that right here in Missoula in early June. I never take for granted that I'll not see snow in my yard till June hits.

Hang in there man!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:08 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

turkey day in may. sounds tasty

ARFE
Old 05-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hanging,

It quit, and the sky is clearing. You'll know tomorrow if we get an Aurora tonight. I'm charging my battery pack just in case, you don't wanna go and then find out you shouldda charged the batteries up........

Old 05-18-2013, 10:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Why am I not? Sitting at my desk about 72 hours ago not feeling all that well. Not bad, just not 'well.' Then bolt for the bathroom.

Is there anything that hurts more than the 'dry heaves?' Still hurt like I've been gone over with a baseball bat. By someone who knew what to do .....
Old 05-19-2013, 12:18 AM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road

Uhhh.... I feel your pain Fred!

Ard, I'm with you. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Old 05-19-2013, 02:20 AM
Administrator

So you got it all the way down there Vance? It's about 26* here at 11:20 PM Saturday....

Hope you get feeling better Fred,

Ard

Old 05-19-2013, 07:05 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I think I better visit your site again to remind me why Alaska is a good idea...maybe you should too Ard
Old 05-19-2013, 08:10 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ard, as you know things generally have a way of averaging out over time. If that works out for you this year (and I hope it does), then think of all the "I'm catching too many fish!" threads that you'll be posting in the not-to-distant future.

And you know, it only takes a couple of good, sunny days on the water to make the Winter fade away.

Of course, I'm not going to tell you that it's 70 degrees here today; sunny, there are fish rising just off our float and I haven't seen snow since the last man-made that I skied on at the end of March.........................

Pocono
Old 05-19-2013, 09:59 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

Our high will be a cool 68 today...and to think I complained about that.

Is it going to be another high water year?