The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: So, Why Am I Not Fishing?

Spent yesterday in a float tube on the lake, complaining about the wind, seems like the last two years if you are not willing to fish in wind you dont fish lately. I am sitting here this morning admonishing myself for being so self centered as I read about the trials and tribulations of my friend from the north. We all know that things could be worse and we need to take a moment and give thanks for what we do have.

I know you know that you have a lot to be thankful for, and as stated, it wont be long and you will be posting pics of those monster fish again. Hang in there, enjoy your late turkey day and all that you have to be thankful for, and I am sure the man upstairs will give you some great fishing days soon.

Hope all clears up and you can shake off the fishing jones soon.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Administrator

cb has a spectacular aura aboutcb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Should uncover the Tundra and go to the store maybe?
Click the image to open in full size.
If it is any consolation, spring is late in the UK too Ard! Here spring is arriving in a typical English garden this afternoon:

Click the image to open in full size.

Cheers

Colin

PS. I'll wave from my office!
PPS. Chelsea flower show is on this week if you want see the top English gardens!

http://www.rhs.org.uk/Shows-Events/R...=show%20garden
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 PM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about

Well Ard,

I took my camper out this weekend despite the snow. I at least walked around the river even if the open part was a little too fast for me to consider wading! It did lose quite a bit of ice over the weekend, so all hope is not lost yet.

Hopefully the ice will leave the lakes and rivers this week so fishing can start.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Thanks for the update Stan, we are riding down to check a lake and then the boat launch today, Monday the 20th.

Hi Colin,

I will use the Garden Show link, thank you. I will be in touch soon.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: Good luck, spring has got to get there shortly! I know your itching to get out fishing, just be careful!

It could be worse, you could be down here with the rest of us in the Rockies waiting for spring runoff to end, or maybe over in France with JP trying to fish in 100 kph winds!

Larry
Old 05-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

You know the old saying; 'Things are tough all over', looks like this is a good year for application huh.

We're gonna head to the launch soon as Nancy gives me the 'Let's Go'
mcnerney and caseywise like this.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

go get em man!
hell or high water

ARFE
Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Administrator

It just keeps getting better.................

So we take off for the river on the motorcycles. I check tires and lube on the chains; all good so we fill em up and head for the river. Everything is normal until I turn right at Point Mc. Road. No control, front end just sorta slices hard right and within a half second the bike is down with me sliding along with. Up and OK, front tire lost air between when I signaled turn and when I started into it?? No explanation, not a clue at this time.

I road Nancy's bike home and got truck and flatbed, went back and picked up the bike and her. No real damage to bike, I was going maybe 25 mph or less when this happened. However, we did not get to the river.........................

I'll take the wheel & tire off tomorrow and do the forensics to find out why I ended up on my butt. Always wear the helmet and Ballistic Nylon riding coat by First Gear when I ride. That jacket took all the abuse, I came home with a bruised Rt. shin and a scrape just above the boot top. I wear a pair of high riding boots by Sidi also, this would have been bad in sneakers and a jean jacket.

All is good fellas but it is hard on the nerves when something like this happens. I've been riding the 2 wheelers since 1970 and have only had a couple surprises like this so far.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road

I just have that feeling it's gonna be one of those years Ard...
Glad you & the bike are OK. Could have been worse... Could have been Nancy that went down.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."