The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Alaska General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/alaska-general-discussion/)
-   -   Newbie here (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/alaska-general-discussion/329784-newbie-here.html)

maryjune206 08-30-2013 03:43 PM

Newbie here

Hi,

Just signed up and I hope I can learn a lot of tips in fishing here. Just a little bit about me. I just started on this fishing hobby since I moved to Alaska. I got hired in BBNC- Alaska native corporation for an administrative job. Hopefully I can learn as much information here on fishing and perhaps Alaska's culture and tradition.

Hardyreels 08-30-2013 04:43 PM

Re: Newbie here

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You may be in luck as we have a few members in Alaska, myself included. Questions are very welcome here and there is a very deep pool of knowledge within the group.

Ard

caseywise 08-30-2013 05:30 PM

welcome to the forum.
listen to ^^that guy^^ and you'll be fine:p

mcnerney 08-30-2013 08:33 PM

Mary: welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new job. I lived in AK for 16 years in Fairbanks, AK. This site has a ton of information on fly fishing, spend some time browsing around and using the search function, but don't hesitate to ask questions

Larry

CutThroat Leaders 08-30-2013 09:29 PM

Mary,

Welcome to the forum. As previously mentioned, Ard will be able to help more than I on Alaska specifics. You have found a great resource of people / fly fisherman.

williamhj 08-30-2013 11:11 PM

Welcome! Always enjoy pictures and stories from Alaska.

jpbfly 08-31-2013 02:13 AM

:welcome:to the forum... tons of infos...lots of friendly and helpful people here...feel free to ask questions;)

maryjune206 09-03-2013 09:16 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm surprised about the warm welcome :)

I just settled in and cannot wait to get some new fishing gear and get started with my fishing adventure. And yes! Loving Alaska already.

Any tips?

jaybo41 09-03-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryjune206 (Post 588221)
Hi Everyone!

I'm surprised about the warm welcome :)

I just settled in and cannot wait to get some new fishing gear and get started with my fishing adventure. And yes! Loving Alaska already.

Any tips?

Welcome to the forum, great to have you posting with us.

My tip to you would be to contact Ard and get out on the water with him. The man has probably forgot more than I know about fishing and certainly is very much aware of where and how to get fish in Alaska:punk:

shotgunfly 09-03-2013 09:34 PM

Welcome! Happy posting and looking forward to your thoughts and contributions!