The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 03:43 PM

maryjune206 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie here

Hi,

Just signed up and I hope I can learn a lot of tips in fishing here. Just a little bit about me. I just started on this fishing hobby since I moved to Alaska. I got hired in BBNC- Alaska native corporation for an administrative job. Hopefully I can learn as much information here on fishing and perhaps Alaska's culture and tradition.
Liphookedau and mridenour like this.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Newbie here

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You may be in luck as we have a few members in Alaska, myself included. Questions are very welcome here and there is a very deep pool of knowledge within the group.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-30-2013, 05:30 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum.
listen to ^^that guy^^ and you'll be fine

ARFE
Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mary: welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new job. I lived in AK for 16 years in Fairbanks, AK. This site has a ton of information on fly fishing, spend some time browsing around and using the search function, but don't hesitate to ask questions

Larry
maryjune206 likes this.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to all

Mary,

Welcome to the forum. As previously mentioned, Ard will be able to help more than I on Alaska specifics. You have found a great resource of people / fly fisherman.
maryjune206 likes this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 08-30-2013, 11:11 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Always enjoy pictures and stories from Alaska.
maryjune206 likes this.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum... tons of infos...lots of friendly and helpful people here...feel free to ask questions
maryjune206 likes this.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:16 PM

maryjune206 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone!

I'm surprised about the warm welcome

I just settled in and cannot wait to get some new fishing gear and get started with my fishing adventure. And yes! Loving Alaska already.

Any tips?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:20 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjune206 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm surprised about the warm welcome

I just settled in and cannot wait to get some new fishing gear and get started with my fishing adventure. And yes! Loving Alaska already.

Any tips?
Welcome to the forum, great to have you posting with us.

My tip to you would be to contact Ard and get out on the water with him. The man has probably forgot more than I know about fishing and certainly is very much aware of where and how to get fish in Alaska
maryjune206 likes this.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:34 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Welcome! Happy posting and looking forward to your thoughts and contributions!

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com