The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Alaska > Alaska General Discussion

Alaska General Discussion Discuss fishing Alaska and other Alaska questions not associated with equipment.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 09:33 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pebble Mine - Perhaps We've Made a Difference

Check this out: Key partner withdraws from Alaska gold mine | Business & Technology | The Seattle Times

Kelly.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:01 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pebble Mine - Perhaps We've Made a Difference

We can only hope this whole thing blows completely up!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Yeah Kelly, I cracked open a cold one when I heard that on the Alaska Report on NPR the other day. I wanted to make mention but didn't, I'm happy to see that others noticed the news!

The Canadian outfit is still pushing and our government says 'This Project Is Good For All Alaskans'

I could not agree with anything less! However I am no longer carrying the fight on these issues, I am a private citizen and will not argue with the State. Unless they gave all of the gold and other precious metals to the citizens of Alaska I do not see how this mine could possibly benefit any of us who were not working there to destroy what is now a Perfect Place.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-17-2013, 01:43 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Ard I hope it's a start one of The Partners has opted out however it's always the same thing The Foreign Companies wanting to Invest then Rip up Other Countries resources then when all the damage has been done they Hi Tail it back to where they came from with Bucket Loads of Cash what he People really own.
Brian.
fyshstykr likes this.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:05 PM

akruss will become famous soon enough

You guys certainly have a negative view of mining but I really don't want to get into the politics of the thing. For what it's worth, Anglo American wasn't just a partner - it was THE partner. Northern Dynasty is a promotional type of operation, not really a mining business per se. Anglo American knows how to dig things up. So, I guess you crack open as many beers as you like. The Pebble Beach Prospect has always been a very iffy proposition with major obstacles like power source, transportation corridor and general infrastructure. I suspect these are the things that made Anglo think twice and not public dissent - JMPO.
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Potentially more good news about the "CF" that is the Pebble Mine Project.
EPA considers blocking massive gold mine proposed for Alaska | Post Politics

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-28-2014, 05:26 PM

rockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the rough

What a horrible project! There is no reason for it other than to ruin what took thousands of years to create. Some people have no heart and soul. I guess you know where my stand is eh?
fyshstykr likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:35 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Does everyone here believe that copper and gold grows on trees?? Just curious.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:48 PM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about

So we should mine anywhere, regardless of the risk? It really irrates me when people make comments about how much we need the copper, so don't worry about any potential problems.

Here's a question for the any mine any place crowd. If it's so important to mine pebble, do it without leaving a toxic lake and a dam. We all know who will eventually pay for the clean up, and it's not going to be Northern Dynasty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2014, 11:59 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbiker View Post
So we should mine anywhere, regardless of the risk? It really irrates me when people make comments about how much we need the copper, so don't worry about any potential problems.
And it irritates me when people who are using copper complain about every new mining project that comes along... I guess what they are really saving is, "Mine all you want, just do it off in a third world country so we don't see it..."