The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Atlantic

Atlantic Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 02:31 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Tough week on the Miramichi last week

Bridget was top rod with 3 salmon, 2 grilse:
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

I squeaked into the biggest fish category with this 22 pounder:
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

But even a tough week on the Miramichi is better than most anything else I can think of.
Gary
Old 09-24-2012, 03:48 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Tough week on the Miramichi last week

that is a beauty atlantic! What pattern did you get it on Gary? One of your own?

I'm finally gonna get to swing your flies i bought last year for steelhead in a month or so. Had to cancel my trip last year due to the baby being sick. Still have them in the packages!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:09 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Bridget's were on a variation of the General Practioner I tie, developed by a friend, and also my "claretized" version of the Golden Pheasant Spey, both size 8. Mine came on my first cast of the day to a size 10 orange Sneaky.

Hope you have a great trip, Eunan!
Gary
Old 09-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Gary: Congrats on the gorgeous fish! Tough week or not the outcome dealt you guys some nice fish.

Larry

Old 09-24-2012, 05:05 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Gary, for us mere mortals that would be a fish of a lifetime... for you it's just fish of the week! milt.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Nice fish i would love to catch something that size.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:46 AM

Thanks, guys. All I can say is the Miramichi is a wonderful river, home to one of the wonders of the world, the atlantic salmon!
Gary
Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Lucky Dog!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...big fish Garydo you sometimes... catch small ones?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:00 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'm with WT on this one... despite the limited number of fish, looks like you guys got some beauties!!! That 22#er is a fine fish Gary!

Eunan, I know where you're headed, and it's one HECK of a season for it. If I can get a free day in, I'll meet you there since I missed you in Philly.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...