The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Atlantic

Atlantic Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MoscaPescador

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 11:35 AM

postie109byrd is on a distinguished road
Question Newfoundland.... Fly Rod Question

I am looking for some help from other fisherman about rods. I recently broke my Loomis GL-3 rod and sent it back for a replacement. They replaced the rod with a G-Loomis CrossCurrent rod,9' 8W rod. This is classed as a saltwater rod and Shimano Canada told me it was the closest replacement rod to my GL-3 model. Is this a better rod is my question to any other fishermen out there. Apparently the exact rod is not available now and they sent me this one as it's replacement.My old rod retails for $350. and the new rod is $475.It a more expensive rod I know but does it replace my old GL-3 model.
I would appreciate your comments on this.
Thanks
Pat

Last edited by postie109byrd; 10-01-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: email notification
Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newfoundland.... Fly Rod Question

Here's the easy way to figure this out. Put a reel on it, and cast a line. If you like or dislike it, then you will know.

Dennis
Guest1 and gt05254 like this.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM

postie109byrd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newfoundland.... Fly Rod Question

Yes that is the "sure way " to find out. Guess I will be doing that but also wanted to hear others comments on the CROSSCURRENT rod also. Tks