The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Atlantic

Atlantic Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 03:24 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default I hate it when the girls outfish me.

Our annual "couples" trip to the Miramichi last week. Bridget was top rod again this year with two fish, in spite of wickedly high water:
Click the image to open in full size.

And our friend Linda Warren whose little fish broke her Sage Z-axis:

I had to settle for this little hen:

And the flies that made it happen fof all three of us: Celtic Beauty, Cutty Sark, Glitter Bear:

Complete story on my blog.
Gary
Old 09-24-2013, 03:41 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: I hate it when the girls outfish me.

Read the blog post...with all that 'experience' you have, you'd think you'd have the winning down pat!

Seems like a great trip!

Jealous! I ain't even fished one time this year...hopefully this weekend that will change!

Eunan

Addicted To Vise
Old 09-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Gary: Looks like a great trip with some really beautiful fish, congrats!

Larry

Old 09-24-2013, 03:56 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Thanks, guys, it was a great trip, high water notwithstanding! Now maybe I can get around to building those things you asked about, Eunan!
Gary
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:45 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Great that you guys had success out there! I really want to make it up there some time, an atlantic salmon trip is definitely on my radar, just a matter of fitting it in...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-25-2013, 09:10 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
Thanks, guys, it was a great trip, high water notwithstanding! Now maybe I can get around to building those things you asked about, Eunan!
Gary
about that, since you're behind the 8 ball, it works to my advantage....
i need a tool caddy also!

Addicted To Vise
Old 09-25-2013, 09:33 AM

Draw me a picture, Eunan!
Gary
Old 09-25-2013, 10:26 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Oh man! I am dying to get into some action like that! Thanks for posting.
gt05254 likes this.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics and big fishGary hide her lucky charm hat next time
gt05254 likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:00 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Gorgeous fish as usual Gary! The big one is very cool looking as well as huge!
gt05254 likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser