The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Atlantic

Atlantic Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 07:11 PM

smudger564 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smudger564
Default Sealskinz Gloves - Are these the Cold Weather answer?

Hi All, I have this thread posted in the UK and would be interested in your input, regarding Sealskinz Gloves. Particularly how you prep your hands for fishing in Cold Weather and what you wear.

We are just experiencing a cold snap here in Shropshire, UK. I'm thinking of using these gloves, which are very good.

I'd be interested in your comments and feedback. You can also chase the UK posts for this, via the link below.

Best Regards

Stuart

http://www.flyforums.co.uk/general-f...er-answer.html

Last edited by smudger564; 11-26-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: adding a UK link
Old 11-28-2010, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Sealskinz Gloves - Are these the Cold Weather answer?

Hi all, We're having some snow here in the UK at the moment. People are still fishing, using various methods for keeping their hands dry and warm.

What are you using at the moment?

Best Regards

Stuart
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 AM

Hi, Where are you people?

Regards

Stuart
Old 12-05-2010, 09:59 PM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about

Sealskinz are great - I use them for fly fishing and kayaking, but it might make a difference as to how you use them. If the temps are around freezing and I am wading or moving around, the Sealskinz work great.

If I am kayaking and the temps are below freezing (we can still kayak b/c the spring-fed rivers in our area do not freeze), my hands get cold - probably b/c they are in basically the same position on the paddle the whole time we are out. In that situation, I wear the Sealskinz, but also have pogies on the paddle shaft for an extra layer of protection/warmth. Unfortunately, pogies would interfere with using a fly rod.

You might not be getting other responses b/c someone else asked about gloves on another thread. If I can find it, I will post the link.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Ah, I found the previous threads - and they were from you! You are probably not getting responses here b/c you posted the same question on two other forums on this web site. If you click on "New Posts" at the top of this page, you will see all new posts for all of the forum areas. I suspect that most people read this web site by clicking on "new posts," so are only likely to respond to the same question one time.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:55 AM

Hi Blue Dun, Thanks for your info. If you get time, check the UK flyforums via the websites at the top. Some very good info popping out on the Sealskinz thread there.

Best Regards

Stuart