The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Atlantic

Atlantic Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 07:58 AM

FlyFisherMann is on a distinguished road
Default Day Dreaming About Fly Fishing

I think I am suffering from cabin fever as it's been a very cold, really cold winter and spring still looks so far away. Just three more years to go before my wife retires and we can hit the road and find some warmer fishing holes for the winter months.

At the moment I am looking out my office window into my backyard which is still full of the white stuff but today it's all covered with a thick sheet of ice because we have had a couple of days of freezing rain. Fortunately we are not on the list of those that lost their power last night.

BTW: Where are all the fly fishing nuts from Canada's east coast?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:29 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Day Dreaming About Fly Fishing

You are not alone there. I'm jonesing big time to get out and fling a fly. We haven't had the big snow this year, but I'm getting cabin fever.....
Old 03-03-2009, 08:58 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I have been fortunate this year that we have had a few good days on the weekends that have allowed me to get out on the river. Today is my birthday, I'm 50 years old and took the day off work hoping against all odds that I could get on the river again. However, we have white stuff on the ground and it has been raining for the last two days. River is high and running fast and dirty, we have snow or rain forecast for the next few days, and it is not likely, even if it quits for the fishing to be anywhere close to good due to water level and clarity. So, I, like you, am sitting here wishing I could be on the river wetting a fly. Instead, I guess I will have lunch with the wife, and tie some flys.....

d
d
Old 03-04-2009, 07:24 AM

FlyFisherMann is on a distinguished road

Well Happy Birthday Webrx. That's a big one. Enjoy yourself.

I have just 5 days left and I will be 56.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:19 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the birthday wishes, yeah, 50 is a big one, good thing I took up fly fishing again or I would have to do the midlife crisis and go buy a vette or porsche

LOL - if I could afford one

d