The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the Caribbean > Bahamas

Bahamas Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 03:00 AM

jpfxi is on a distinguished road
Default Abaco bonefishing film

Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 PM

jmc5000 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Abaco bonefishing film

Great video. Do you guide in Abaco or do you know if Johan does? I'll be down there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Jerry
Old 08-22-2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc5000 View Post
Great video. Do you guide in Abaco or do you know if Johan does? I'll be down there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Jerry
Hi.
Glad u liked the film!
I'm Johan, the guy in the video, and the guy who made it... I do not guide there, but I do know the waters pretty well.
If you are looking for a guide I would advise you go to Cherokee (small town)and ask for Randy Sawyer, Marty Sawyer, Donnie Lowe or Garth Albury. All very skilled BF guides.
If you'd like you can PM me and I'll give you some pointers;-)

J
Old 08-22-2011, 08:51 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Nice video Johan! That looks like iMovie video editing to me, is that what it is? I love videos like these, they make me want to both go fishing AND videotape it. Oh and the fishing looked fun too

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Nice video Johan! That looks like iMovie video editing to me, is that what it is? I love videos like these, they make me want to both go fishing AND videotape it. Oh and the fishing looked fun too
Thanks man.
Yes, have used iMovie for the editing job. And YES, the fishing was fun fun fun..;-)This was the second movie I've made using it and have to say it was real easy to work with. It is not easy both videotaping and fishing at the same time, but using a GoPro, along with different types of mounts made it a lot easier! But of course, 80% of what I managed to get on film turned out to be sh@it..
Will try and get the time to make a "Chasing tails in Abaco II" after my next trip in Nov/Dec.

J
Old 10-31-2011, 04:41 PM

bonefishonthefly is on a distinguished road

Hi Johan;

Great video. I am heading to Abaco on November 8th for a week and would like to do some DIY fishing for bones. I have fished on many of the other Bahamian islands but this will be my first time to Abaco. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks