The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the Caribbean > Bahamas

Bahamas Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM

gbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nicegbanker is just really nice
Default Grand Bahama Island Report - Oct 2010

Fished out of North Riding Point Lodge for three days; Oct 21-23. Accommodations were excellent as was the food. Fishing was a bit tough as we were there during a full moon high tide. First day we fished from the boat and no wading.

Click the image to open in full size.

The fish were spooky as the high water left them vulnerable to their predators. When hooked they headed for the mangroves.

Caught several.

Next two days allowed some wading.

Average size.

We used 8wt rods and size 4 flies. Brown/tan with sili-legs worked the best.
As you can see from the last picture the bottom was mottled which made spotting fish a bit difficult for my wife and when the clouds came over I could not spot the fish either. So, although we caught fish our next trip will be to a spot with what I consider to be the classic sand flats.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grand Bahama Island Report - Oct 2010

Great trip report and photos, thanks for sharing! Looks liken you are landing some nice sized bones, congrats! Looks like it is much warmer there, when I got on the water this morning it was 27 degrees!

Larry
Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Grand Bahama Island Report - Oct 2010

Those mottled bottoms on the north side of GB host a richer food supply for dem bonefish than "classic" sand bottoms.