The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Corporate Members > Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro Shops Bass Pro Shops today isn’t just fishing. It is an outdoor retail leader in hunting, camping, nature gifts, outdoor cooking, and much more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 03:05 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bass Pro Shops online store

Paul, I think you need to 'thumb tack' this thread (or some other way) as new folks come on board, as we ... in ... ugh .. our 'Dotage' this thread will pass into 'History.'

Just a thought, just a thought.

Fred
Old 02-05-2012, 03:22 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about

Paul, always like to help when i can and on Bass Pro i can. Went to a fly casting siminar at BP in Springfield, Mo. just to see where i ranked in the equasion of casters. When it came to indiviual instruction, he walked on by brother and me and said "Never mind". During the session Rob, one of the very knowledgeable instructors, told us that BP did a study and discovered that on the average a customer would spend $15,000 in their lifetime at BP. He made it clear that BP wasn't going to jepordize losing that amount of funds in not backing up their products. He said if ya break it, they'll back it up. By the way Paul, glad i found yall. Great site.
EDDY
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

I research through the forum, but I like to shop (in person) at both Cabela's and BPS, whenever I can. Is there a way for "credit" to be issued when we shop in-person?

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 02-05-2012, 04:28 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

good to know. ill be sure to click through in future

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-05-2012, 06:14 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Oh soooo true RE, sooo true.

As odd (time/place/who) as this may seem the 'concept' started at Nordstroms (sp?) in Seattle decades ago. High end clothing (etc) store, high end prices, etc. Customer wanted to return something, regardless of the reason, 'Not a problem.'

What made their reputation (no idea of the story is actually true) is some well dressed woman rolled two AUTO TIRES up to the exchange window and told the employee that her Husband had purchased them here for her car and they were the 'wrong size.'

Fellow/Gal had to tell her he didn't know the purchase price as there was no tag on the tires and he'd have to make a couple of calls. He did.... to Auto Dealerships, got the price and 'refunded' her (husbands) money.

Again, no idea if the story is true, but does it have to be if it carries on for Generations of free advertising?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:30 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Possibly a silly question, but...

Does the forum just get credit for purchases or does the forum also get credit for just "hits" from the forum?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random user View Post
Possibly a silly question, but...

Does the forum just get credit for purchases or does the forum also get credit for just "hits" from the forum?
Looked into this and the answer is 'yes' to both questions. "Referrals" are closely monitored (site gets one point, to make something up) and if there is a 'Referral' that results in a sale you get 'two points.' (Again, making up numbers.)

Point is it helps the 'whom-ever' direct their advertising. Fly fishing board, why spend money pushing drift rods/gear? Well, some ..... But that's what pays for the electric power to keep this Fora on line. "No free lunch," save for us logging in/posting.

fae
Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Thanks.... that's how I thought it would work.

Will visit Bass pro via this link then all the time and not just when I purchase.

Thanks much.