The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Blogs > Fremont Silver Wolves 2011.

School is back in session and it's time for high school football with the "Boys of Fall".

Last season our local team had a great regular season(11-1) making it to the 5A State Championship Game coming up short against the only team is the state(Bingham Miners) to be ranked Nationally @ #14 by USA Today.
Bingham is once again ranked #1 in the state in The Coaches Poll with Fremont on their heels ranked at #2.
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=16851379&nid=504

Our team is returning virtually all of it's starters from last season and their hungry to show that last season was no fluke.
The first game we will be traveling south to the southern end of the Salt Lake Valley to play the Jordan Beetdiggers who always field a tough team,(they beat us on our homefield in a tough game last year) so tomorrow nights game will be a good test for our team.

I hope you don't mind if I blog about The Silver Wolves this season, Over the last few years some of our neighborhood kids have played and watching them has been a joy. Pam and I once again will be attending all of the games, even altering our fishing schedule to do so, which in a runoff altered season is very tough in itself. This years team is special and I have a feeling it's their year to win it all.
"Let's go Pack!!"

Here's a video clip and printed story from the Deseret News which has them ranked @ #3.
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=16862279&nid=504
  1. Old Comment

Fyshtales from The South Fork.

Thanks Ard.
    Just getting back to see your post, sorry in the slow response.
  2. Old Comment

Well I finally remembered to come and read & see the anniversary blog. Whoa, those are some beautiful trout Pam, I know you had to be happy with a new rod - personal guide - and all those fish

John told me about the fish and he told me the pictures were here but I forgot, early stage Ardsheimer's according to Nancy............... I know you guys were out again on Sep. 17/18, I'll look for the report here.

Happy anniversary I'll send some flies and some of that salmon One other thing; I want to see a picture of the new fishing rod & reel...............
  3. Old Comment

Thanks Dave. Yes I am blessed with having a wife that fishes with me, but it's also a curse in the sense that she kicks my can down the river while catching more and bigger fish!
    Updated 08-18-2011 at 11:42 AM by fysh
  4. Old Comment

Great blog and photos Fysh

I would pay serious $dollars if my lovely wife would fly fish, you are blessed.

Dave
    Posted 08-16-2011 at 12:30 PM by littledavid123 littledavid123 is offline
  5. Old Comment

Hey who let her in here?

Many thanks KG, Milt, and Clint.
  6. Old Comment

Nice blog, John! Great report, pics and play on Pam's gifts. Gotta love those EPIC days on the river!

Clint
  7. Old Comment

He was pretty sly! This and our engagement are the only 2 surprises he's ever been able to pull off......OK, maybe there is one more in there. He is like a kid at Christmas! He picks up surprises for me and then can't stand the suspense and caves in early and gives them to me.
    He had me for a minute on the reel...I was really disappointed thinking I wasn't going to be able to christen the rod that day! Lucky for him, he came through!

That day was truly one of the best days on that river for me! Those fish were pretty aggressive taking that streamer! Even the fish that didn't actually take it, went after it hard! One of those days I'll never forget!

What he didn't tell you was how big the shoulders were on that last one....Second photo down.
    That fish was tough! There was no wearing him out, no convincing him to swim towards me, he wanted to win, he had no interest in the net or the bank for that matter. It was a good 10 minutes of reeling, running, reeling, chasing...John parked the boat twice in slack water after following him down stream. Longer and stronger fight than the 23"er! Even after he was in the net, he was still raring to go, recovered quick and off he went!

Great trip, great surprise, great fish and a great new rod!!! It's a keeper, for sure! (It will be well taken care of Paul, already a treasure!)

Thanks for looking, thanks for the compliments...can't wait to do it again!
  8. Old Comment

Fysh, you're a smooth operator! Happy anniversary and thanx for the report! milt.
  9. Old Comment

Most excellent. Glad to see the river is finally fishable and producing. Happy Anniversary and thanks for sharing the trip with us.

Kelly.
  10. Old Comment

Thanks so much guys, it was a great day.

Sorry JP, no pics of her opening the "brightly colored" packages, only the images in my mind.

Davo, thanks for the welcome to the club, this should be fun to do.

Paul, I forgot to mention that I used the 3 wt in a small back channel where we did find some fish working. The ol' IMX worked perfectly and I landed 4 nice fat Cutties on a size #20 Pink Humpy.

It's funny, Pam caught all Browns, I caught all Cutties......she catches the smart fish and I catch the um, well 'not as smart' fish. lol!
  11. Old Comment

Anniversary trip

Hi John,
    Great pix & fish!
    Obviously it was an weekend to remember.
    Re: your comment on the upper Green pic, that is Squaretop in the back round. Wonder how they
    came up with that name? Used to be GRIZZ
    country, could still be.
  12. Old Comment

Congrats on the Happy Anniversary!!! Smooth play on the reel!! Nice job on starting a blog too, welcome to the club.
  13. Old Comment

hat off

Hey Fysh...that's a great birthday present!have you taken any pics of Pam opening her gifts? We want to see themHat off to Pam those browns are gorgeous...congrats to the guide