The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Blogs > ak allen

1. Old Comment

It had to be done....

Hi Allen,

I'm glad to hear the net got to you I put in a new drive here about 5 years ago, you'll need a pretty good size track hoe to pop those stumps. The machine will get a lot done for you. You'll want to dig a big hole to bury all the stumps in I suppose, that's what I did with all mine. I pretty much laid a new grade to everything here and then made a nice lawn, as lawns on side hills go it'll do.

Take a look to the future schedule wise to see if you could come down to the valley in the next few weeks. If we can connect I'll take you salmon fishing here. You can stay here so that you don't have to drive back without getting some sleep. Plan a couple days..........

Ard
  2. Old Comment

It had to be done....

That is a nice gesture for sure! Now go out and catch something to put in it! I thank you as well. milt.
    Updated 05-23-2012 at 01:39 AM by milt spawn (grammar)
  3. Old Comment

Getting old :(

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Davo View Comment
    Allen

I know the feeling. Last couple of seasons I've been taking a pair of cheaters with me on the river for tying on small flies. I'm sure in a few years I'll break down and go see the eye doctor for some prescription glasses. Putting off for now, Denial is a synonym of Vanity!!

Davo
    I am in the "less than 2 years left in the military" lets get it fixed now mode!
  4. Old Comment

Chatanika River!!

Allen

Kind of like getting back on an old bike, it's a little rusty from lack of use but it still works!!

Davo
  5. Old Comment

Getting old :(

Allen

I know the feeling. Last couple of seasons I've been taking a pair of cheaters with me on the river for tying on small flies. I'm sure in a few years I'll break down and go see the eye doctor for some prescription glasses. Putting off for now, Denial is a synonym of Vanity!!

Davo
  6. Old Comment

New lines

I still have the 5wt to redo. It'll get done tonight or tomorrow.
  7. Old Comment

It's been 10 days....

Will do, I think it adds a neat flavor to a regular forum! Plus it's nice having a place to babble about anything I want!
  8. Old Comment

It's been 10 days....

Allen

It has taken a couple of years but the blogs are growing in attendance. Just goes to show that the members here like reading about the fishing adventures of others!! Keep em coming!!
  9. Old Comment

New lines

Allen

Sounds like your all set!! Good luck on getting into some good fish!!

I need to do new lines on all but one of my rods this season. Stretched the client rods through last season but don't think I can push it for another! . The 7wt is good as I had to replace that at the end of the previous season.

Davo
  10. Old Comment

It's been 10 days....

Thanks, I wasn't sure if people would even read this. I just like to tell my little stories.
  11. Old Comment

It's been 10 days....

Allen

Congrats on the recovery and for finally being able to wet some line. Though I believe our winter is a bit shorter than yours I still end up spending the first few floats working the kinks out of my casting. All in all it sounds like a good day for you and the little one!!

On a side note welcome to the blogs!! Looking forward to your future posts!!

Davo
  12. Old Comment

It's been 10 days....

Rust never sleeps! milt.
  13. Old Comment

It's been 10 days....

Allen,

lesson learned, now for some food for thought. What you were doing is good - roll casting into that current. Now think along the lines of a medium size streamer, maybe a size 6 with a crimped barb. Where there are small fish there are larger ones. Grayling are gregarious in their nature and there are always some larger ones in the pack. The swung wet fly may reveal the lurkers who aren't scooping the surface flies.

Ard