The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in Canada > Central

Central Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 AM

tanglefoot is on a distinguished road
Default Some "Non-Fly" Manitoba Trophies

I just had to post some pics here. These are 3 of my 7 Manitoba Master Angler fish -
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph..._inch_jack.jpg
They were not taken on flies, but I post them as a reference as to what is available in Manitoba and also to set the bar for my challenge to myself to "Meet or Beat" these with a fly rod.
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph...hannel_cat.jpg
The "Whatisit" is a fly(?) made from a plastic hearing protector.... I cant wait to get this in the water.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph...r_plug_fly.jpg
In the past few months I have made dozens of flies to learn and practice the art. I have now purchased some proper materials and hope to make some recognisable flies soon. What I need is to finf a fly tyer close to me that I can watch and learn some of the tricks of the trade.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph...d_tullibee.jpg
I will be 70 on my next birthday and by then I hope to have landed more trophy fish and enjoyed a few fish dinners.
By the way, fishermen heading south for next winter: One of my top US spots is Bear Canyon Reservoir near Silver City new Mexico. It is stocked bi-weekly with nice sized Rainbows. For 7 consecutive days I started around 8 a.m. and by 10 a.m. had my limit of 8 nice trout.

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

MY UMPTEENTH TRY AT POSTING PICS, HOPE THIS WORKS

Last edited by tanglefoot; 05-02-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:44 PM

darkcahill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some "Non-Fly" Manitoba Trophies

Where abouts are you in Manitoba.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Tanglefoot,

If you are having trouble getting your pictures to come up take a look at this link, it may help you to post pictures. http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...ure-nafff.html

Myself and many of the members use a PhotoBucket account to load from but this will help you to understand the step by step of it.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-04-2011, 05:52 PM

Well lets see, my phone number says Douglas, my mailing address says Brandon, but I am 3 miles from CFB Shilo.....LOL close enough??
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcahill View Post
Where abouts are you in Manitoba.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:51 AM

sixweight will become famous soon enoughsixweight will become famous soon enough

I was at Patterson lake this week, near Russell. Water was still really cold with some ice on it. The trout seem to be a little slow on most lakes in the area. Hopefully it will pick up for next week when I go for Tiger trout near Duck Mtn Prov. Park. Apart from the flooding issues I would love to be living in your area. Hope you get a few more Masters this year. Angus.....
Old 05-20-2011, 07:40 PM

Well spring at last..... An overnighter to stoney creek to trial run a "new" camper and test a new fly rod...... Voila!!! a limit of Brookies from 12 to 14 inches before noon....
gotta love it.... here is my first trout of 2011, (my wife also landed her very first brookie this morning, lovely)
jim

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Damn, cant load pics again - sorry but it is a beautiful fish