The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Charity Fundraising

Charity Fundraising Let people know about fishing related charity fundraising here.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 10:03 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Tie more flies than you can fish? Donate!

Not sure if I am allowed to do this here, so I won't put in a real link.

google 'project healing waters'

They are a group that takes veterans out fishing and are " dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and veterans through fly fishing and fly tying education and outings."

They are looking for fly donations that will be matched by one of their tiers.
I have offered a dozen flies for their uses. I figured there may be a few on NAFFF that would like to donate. Look up Ron Donahue on the site.

Cheers, TB

Tevis,

I am posting this link to your thread, it is a regional contact list and I'm thinking that it may be a good starting point for anyone interested in finding their local Project Healing Waters chapter. http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/html/programs.html

If there is a more appropriate link you can either edit this or let me know and I'll do it.

Ard
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tie more flies than you can fish? Donate!

TB: Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the process of tying up 6 dozen flies for the Wyoming Casting for Recovery program, I might as well donate a few dozen to PHW progam as well. Being retired and winter setting in I have plenty of time to spend on the fly vice!

Larry

Old 10-27-2012, 10:19 AM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Happy to donate 5 or 6 dozen

On the UK site there is a Charity subforum, where the projects and contacts for donations are posted

Hugh
Old 10-27-2012, 10:20 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

yeah, not sure if my 1000's of flies will last me... Larry, 6 dozen! you must be efficient!

I am donating a dozen 'purple headed warriors' (winter warrior with purple thread and collar).

EDIT(wow, you guys are awesome. I had a feeling the folks here would want to help out)

Last edited by tbblom; 10-27-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: NAFFF rocks
Old 10-27-2012, 12:16 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely want to donate some flys! Maybe we could get some more info on where to send posted here since the forum is behind it. Might make it easier for others who would like to get involved. Great cause Im sure there will be lots of support!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I put a regional / state by state contact link on the original post here and I hope that will help. Because of my less than prolific fly tying style I'll not make any promises on numbers at this time but could easily make woolly buggers or something of that nature.

Perhaps if we do like we have with the Casting For Recovery thread and bump this thread on a daily basis there will be more members pitch in with a few flies.

Ard

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-27-2012, 07:14 PM

Thanks Ard!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a geat thing if you can find a spot that will actually take them. I just gave a rod away recently and it was more like I was trying to GET a free rod. I have never had a harder time giving something away in my whole life. I called them when I was looking for someone to give the rod to, and they were not a lot of help. They kind of have a 'program' they follow, and I guess it was not designed for a guy like me to try and shoehorn a rod into it. Call them and make sure this will fit their program before you do it.
Hardyreels and theboz like this.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:56 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Very cool, once I get good at tying I will most likely start doing this. I am big into donating anything I can or helping others and something like this is just awesome.

To anyone donating good for you!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:32 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

TB...pm me your mailing address. I have some streamers I hardly use and would like to donate. They are not perfect, but I know they catch fish.
Hardyreels likes this.