The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Articles > Coldwater Articles

Coldwater Articles Articles on fly fishing for trout, steelhead, salmon, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The War in Heaven

This is a sad state of affairs, as fly fishers we should be united not involved with infighting over how we fish, but it doesn't surprise me at all since we are talking about Oregon. Isn't it illegal to fish from a boat while floating the Deschutes River.......that seems a little out in left field. Once these kinds of restrictions get rolling it is hard to stop.

Larry
Old 01-05-2010, 09:23 PM

tjc is on a distinguished road

Hi Dan,
I guess I'm knieve about people who want to stop us from fishing. I don't know anyone who does. I do know about indivduals that polute our lakes and streams with liter and trash, I've known about acid rain, I know about city sewer systems allowing sewage to flow directly into streams when their equipment malfunctions. I know about oil, gas and shale oil miners drilling methods that polute our rivers, lakes and streams. I know about poachers, and underfunded state dnr bugets that let allow crimes againist fish and water go unpunished.
I've seen the bait and spin fishermen snag and catch my beloved Steelhead, put them on a stringer and dragged from one pristeen pool to the next. The only pleasure most of them get is to brag to their buddies about how many they took home.
Maybe in some ways I'm an elitist about my trout, catch and release and quality of water, but we flyfishers can and do stick together on things that matter. I think disagreements between us are healthy.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc View Post
Hi Dan,
I think disagreements between us are healthy.
Healthy disagreement is fine... Taking the step of asking lawmakers to ban a certain legal style of fishing is not healthy disagreement IMO.

There are groups out there who would stop all types of outdoor activities that involve animals; do a search on "Sea Kittens". Most of their views on these matters have no scientific basis; but they still raise a tremendous amount of money from people who don't know the facts.

Ask the members we have from Europe, fisherfolks are the targets of these groups.

Again, my $0.02 worth...

Dan