The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Articles > Coldwater Articles

Coldwater Articles Articles on fly fishing for trout, steelhead, salmon, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 01:09 AM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Fat Wallet Runs Through it - by Richard Cockle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
So maybe there's hope after all that right triumphs.
Hope is a good thing, but don't throw your marshmellow stick away.

"People are crazy, times are strange"
"I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range"
"I used to care, but things have changed"
- Dylan
Old 09-16-2009, 09:21 PM

rifflerat is on a distinguished road

Why is it always Californians that everyone assumes are buying all the property up. On my last trip to Montana, 90% of the out of state plates were Washington.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifflerat View Post
Why is it always Californians that everyone assumes are buying all the property up. On my last trip to Montana, 90% of the out of state plates were Washington.
It might have to do with the high profile Californians that have moved there. One famous moron can completely obscure dozens of Washintonites...Washintonians...Washingtellians... what do you call them? I have a lot of family in Montana. Ted Turner, Hanoi Jane, Andie MacDowell and a bunch of the likes have come there and generally PO'd the locals. Ted and Jane showed up at a resturant my dad was in and... well it's a good story. My Neice is a disc jockey in Billings. Sam Elliot lives just out of town and became a fan of hers. She was telling me how he sent gift certificates for resturants for her and called the station all the time. I told her "I'm jealous. I've never had a celebrity stalker." They tend to stick out more than the Wasingtonodians....Washingtoners...whatever.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:21 AM

BigSky is on a distinguished road

Boy I just love all the comments directly stating or implying that somehow it's unfair that some have more than others. Trust me, I'm one of the have-nots who, because of the system in which we live, hopes to be one of the haves someday. Having said that, the worse result of the situation described in the article is the infection of the ills those coming here are "trying" to leave. They (not all) come here for the quality of life I live. Yet, they (once again, not all of them) try to change things here to the way things are in the area from whence they came, thus creating an environment which, in my opinion, will lead to the same "lesser quality of life" they intended to leave behind.