The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 01:01 PM

pennstatepitt is on a distinguished road
Default Love catch and release

Caught these three brookies out of this little catch and release brook in Northern NY. I had a fourth on, but he wriggled off. Lost my fly box, it fell out of my pocket, so I had to use some flies that I designed but hadn't put them in the box. Guess I'll have to make a couple more now.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:40 PM

Steelhead Junkie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Love catch and release

Very niceI could catch some brookies. Shoot, I'd just like some trout You have a nice little stream. Sorry to hear about your fly box Just stinks, dosen't it
Old 06-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fish,nice stream...next time zip your pocket
Old 06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nice looking brookies, way to go, sorry to hear about the lost flies!

Larry
Old 06-21-2009, 08:19 PM

I usually lose a lot of flies anyway(I'm not careful enough with my back casts), and I only had two flies left so I tried dapping the flies I had left, it was my first real attempt at dapping and I have to say I liked it a lot, so in a way I'm glad that I lost the flies because if I had more I wouldn't have been worried about losing them, and I wouldn't have tried this new technique, if that makes any sense.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:21 PM

glassroddr has a spectacular aura aboutglassroddr has a spectacular aura about

Nice colors on those brookies. That creek looks alot like the ones I fish close to home. Come to think of it, northern NY is not that far from my place!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:02 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Sorry about your flies..Nice brookies there and a beautiful small stream; can't ask for any more then that.

Dan
Old 06-28-2009, 04:47 AM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough

I practice C & R most of the time but it does bother me some and makes me feel like my cat bringing home birds he catches and plays with. Maybe I think too much but if trout tasted better I would'nt fee so bad. Maybe this is why I've drifted over to saltwater where the fish are more delectable to my palate.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:30 AM

I do practice Catch and release, but I was actually refering to the fact that the creek is Catch and release only. It get's quite a bit of fishing pressure, but there is still a really good brookie population, and thus I 'love catch and release'. I can understand where you're coming from though.