The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 05:45 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default I have a confession...

It happens to the best of us... We never take the picture because it would tarnish our image. We don't seek them out because we may be shunned from our community...But..A tug is a tug.

I thought I had a brown when I saw the flash..Wrong. I gave chase when I should have straight lined.. It's hard to admit but this fish deserved a picture.

Anyone else have a sucker they dare to show. This is a Flannelmouth Sucker. I caught this fish on a Gunslinger running deep and fast on one of my all time favorite western rivers.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:01 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I have a confession...

Uh....no, no......never.

(name withheld)

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Actually years ago in Michigan, at the end of the steelhead run the suckers would run out of Lake Michigan. For something to do, we would purposely try to snag suckers. The males were easily told from the females as I remember, so we made a rule: if you snagged a female, you had to yell "Mother Sucker" and if it was a male you had to yell.........well, you know!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Don't have any pics, but; they give a nice fight when you aren't getting any steel, and they do take flies...

Dan
Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 PM

poke em has a spectacular aura aboutpoke em has a spectacular aura about

Suckers are awesome.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 AM

twfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the rough

This is a Silver Redhorse I got last summer... can't say I was at all disappointed!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:42 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Great pics guys, glad some of us are big enough to make it out of the closet.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:58 PM

roryseiter will become famous soon enoughroryseiter will become famous soon enough

I only catch monsters!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Suckers and carp on nymphs have brightened some days for sure. Carp on dry flies too, along with some big chubs but the biggest chubs and some channel cats came on streamers. So ............. No worries here buddy, no such thing as a bad fish especially when it's a huge one like in your photo! If there is a bad fish it might be the dead king carcase I caught swinging streamers at the mouth of a big creek while fishing silvers in the fall last year. I've caught some dead fish here when fishing along the bottom so they could be considered not picture worthy.

Nice Sucker!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-20-2011, 01:56 PM

sixweight will become famous soon enoughsixweight will become famous soon enough

I have to admit to having had some good fights with "Rubber Browns". Although not as exciting as the Scuba Diver I hooked.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:58 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

I will admit too catch a few from time to time, but not on purpose and never documented them with pics!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures