The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glissmeyer Adventures 2011

Kelly: I missed your earlier post, good to see you prgressing and finally off the crutches! After all the surgeries and failed bone fusion, this must be a pretty good moment for you! It sure is good to see you out fishing with your son! Sorry I couldn't make the SF float with you and Davo, but I already had plans and couldn't back out.

Larry

Old 11-07-2011, 06:25 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Fortunate. Family, friends and fly fishing...does it get any better?
Old 11-15-2011, 05:33 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get out this past week, but the boys did - left the old man home to stew about it... I did have the opportunity to do a spring creek presentation at a meeting of the Southeast Idaho Fly Fishers down in Pocatello at the Portneuf Outfitters fly shop last Thursday. I had a good time and met a lot of new friends.

Back to the fishing that was done without me, here are the pics. The kid left his camera home and took all of these with his phone:

Big Lost weekend. Temps well below freezing and winds at near gale-force, but the catching was great, or so they said...

Click the image to open in full size.

Check out the colors on this one:

Maybe this weekend...all the stillwaters are iced over and we are slated for a raging storm of three days starting on Friday. Fly tying, maybe?

Kelly.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly: It looks like the boys got into some nice trout! Your not alone in the cold department, it has been real cold here also, mainly due to the gail force winds.

Larry

Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Kelly,
because they left you at home I will ground them for week..or two

Beautiful trout
Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Minus 11 degrees F., in West Yellowstone and minus 9 in Island Park this morning. 14 degrees above 0 F where I live. Brrrrrrrrrr........

Still hoping for fishing on Friday or Saturday, but a BIIIIG storm is forecast, so we'll just have to see.

P.S.: that photo of the bright red bow is presented just as it came out of the camera, no post production. It appears these bows are staging for the spawn already, but it seems about two months early in my book.

Kelly.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:59 AM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Kelly, thanks for the fish.......
Was going to come visit, but maybe I'll wait till spring. Brrrrrr.
Love to see their winter camo, and spawn colors too!
We haven't seen predictable hatches or fishing behavior in several years.
It's actually helped me think outside the box.
The bugs act, the fish choose, and we adapt.
We had March Browns in June, and the Kokanee ran in Sept.
Go figure.
Glad to hear you are back in the saddle.....

Jim
Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Great color on those, looks like a good day.................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 PM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light

Some beautiful color on those fish!

Kelly, you gave a great presentation at the Pocatello meeting. Thanks for sharing your expertise.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiercem View Post
Some beautiful color on those fish!

Kelly, you gave a great presentation at the Pocatello meeting. Thanks for sharing your expertise.
C, Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out why we didn't get a chance to talk. Sorry if I was otherwise occupied.

OK folks, here are a few more photos of the guys out last weekend in central Idaho:

Making a trip to Boise this weekend, may make it out to the O.

Kelly.