The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Glissmeyer Adventures 2011

Tisk tisk, fishing the O in fall... Nice bow dude, I have been pulling a lot more nice bows out of that ditch the past couple of years.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:43 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like another great outting, Kelly!

Nice pics / nice fish and good to see you holding those winners again.

Pocono
Old 01-03-2012, 02:42 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bet you didn't expect to see one more report on this thread for 2011. My son Mike and I and buddy Ryan finished the year at one of our favorite winter locations in south-central Idaho. A beautiful tailwater that runs just right for magnificent fishing during the winter.

We fished on the 30th and experienced a very slow day but it finished with a bang. I have also included some photos of trips the guys have taken since our last report on the "O".

Pre-Christmas Expedition - 20-degrees with "stiff" breeze:
Click the image to open in full size.

South Fork of the Snake:

Post-Christmas, almost year-end - out with a bang!:

For me it was a pretty tough year with three ankle surgeries and being on crutches and in a cast for most of the year. I'm still in an aircast off and on and off of crutches, but there is still a long road ahead. I'm in the process of getting all of my shoes altered by adding about an inch-and-a-half on the left sole of every pair of shoes I own, including my Simms Guide Boots so that I can walk mostly normal, so I'll be the guy on the rivers with the custom lifts, WooHoo!

I was able to land a small deal with Flyfisher Magazine, the Federation of Flyfishers official publication to do a regular column, with three small articles in the last issue, and I have a new article coming out in the next issue of Flyfishing & Tying Journal, so at least I've been busy even though I haven't been able to get out on the river as much as previous years.

I'm looking forward to the new year and all it holds in store and as of today it appears I'll be able to get on the water much more than last year. I'll try to continue with a new 2012 report thread, but may have to modify it a bit from the past.

Anyway, thanks all for sticking with us this year. I hope this thread was as fun for you as it has been for us to bring it to you.

Tight Lines all and Happy New Year. May all your angling wishes come true...

Kelly
Old 01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly: Great way to end the Glissmeyer Adventures for 2011, I for one have really enjoyed following you and the boys along on your fishing adventures, I especially enjoyed the great photos! Keep them coming in 2012 and congrats on the writing gig with FFF and Flyfishing & Tying Journal! Best of luck with the long arduous rehab on that ankle, it sure is good to see you getting back out on the water!

Larry

Larry
Old 01-03-2012, 11:13 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Seriously, Your adventure threads are someof my favorites on the entire site,let us know when you have articles out and I may have to go pick up a copy.

Good Stuff Kelly, Happy New Year
Old 01-04-2012, 08:34 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

I too have truly enjoyed this years reports and pictures from you Kelly. Best of luck with the writing and physical recovery this new year and please keep the stories and pictures coming.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:39 PM

cpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nicecpiercem is just really nice

Great posts, and amazing photos! Thanks to you and your boys for sharing. Hope 2012 is better and you can get out more.