The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Default A little fishing

The day started off kind of cool after the overnight thunderstorms. It was still dark when I got into my car and headed off toward a river that I had not fished in a while. Even though it was dark a distant thunderstorm kept me occupied on my drive.

When I got to the river I got out of the car. It was nice and cool with the smell of a recent rain storm in the air. I began to gear up and made my way down to the river. When I got to the water it looked just like it did the last time I was here.

Click the image to open in full size.

I entered the water and began to cast. It did not take long until I saw my indicator move, I set the hook. I instantly knew that this fish had some nice shoulders. This was verified a short time later when he treated me to some nice aerial displays as I fought him. After fighting this fish for a little bit I got him in close and was amazed. This was the biggest bow I have ever seen on this river. I quickly landed him took some pics and sent him on his way.

I went back to fishing; it was not long after I caught another fish. I kind of laughed when I landed him because this is about the smallest fish I have ever caught here. I quickly released him back to the river so he can hopefully grow a bit.

Over the course of the next few hours I caught quite a few fish. Although none of the fish the rest of the day compared to that first bow they were still quite fun. Unfortunately as I was switching out a fly I pulled a bonehead maneuver. I wasn’t watching where my rod was and I ended up snapping the tip (thank god for warranties). I fished the other rod I brought for a bit catching some more fish. After a while I decided that I had enough fun for the day so I packed up and headed home.

I hope you enjoyed this report.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:42 PM

butchhe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A little fishing

Great report and pictures. It looked like you had a wonderful time out there. Thanks for posting it.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great shots Sasha and congrats on the fish- it's abeauty.

mark
Old 08-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics and great report Sasha-- and congrats on that fish- it's a beauty.

Mark
Old 08-30-2009, 10:09 PM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

That's a pretty nice fishing hole ya got there. Those are some nice bows.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pics and fish Sasha
Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Nice fish and nice report looks like a pretty spot to go fishin.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 AM

flytyer56 is on a distinguished road

It looks like you had a great day Sasha. That first bow is a dandy. The browns aren't anything to sneeze at either. Sorry to hear about the rod getting broke, but atleast you had another with you and it didn't ruin the day.
Great report and pictures. Thanks!
Then You're The One!!!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Great photos! Looks like beautiful country and it has fish in it! Looks like you had a great day on the river. Thanks for sharing your trip.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:42 AM

lourdios will become famous soon enoughlourdios will become famous soon enough

gorgeous