The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Default Breaking News Alert

We interrupt your regularly scheduled fishing report to bring you this breaking news:

It seems that at least one member of the renegade fly fishing group Team BJAC (Ball Juggling Ass Clowns) was spotted on a river in the Pacific Northwest today. Fish and Wildlife officials expressed extreme concern about this. Wildlife officials did say that if you spot one of these clowns use extreme caution and avoid all contact if possible.

Click the image to open in full size.

We do know that fish were caught, but at this time details are still sketchy. We will keep you informed with further developments as we receive them. We now return you to your regularly scheduled fishing report.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:32 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Breaking News Alert

I use those wigs to tie saltwater streamers
Tie the curly hair in as is, then pull it to shape while heating with a hot hairdryer.
Makes a good full bodied fly using very little material.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Breaking News Alert

Nice,

but we'd have needed proof of actual juggling to call it awesome.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO!
Great looking brown trout!

Larry
Old 10-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Default Update!

The day was cold and it was calm on the river. All of that was about to change as one member of Team BJAC and an accomplice showed up on this once quiet river. “Previously it was thought that these clowns only resided in the state of California. The fact that at least one has now been spotted in the northwest is of great concern to us” wildlife officials said.

We decided to go undercover to see what all of the fuss was about. Posing as fly fishermen we searched this river until we found one of these clowns holding a fish. It was noted that at the time of this picture he was trying to disguise himself as there is no evidence of any clowning around. From the picture he looks to be pretty happy with this fish.

Evidently not everybody was happy with their presence. When we were there we heard several shotgun rounds go off in close proximity. Then we heard branches behind us breaking and pellets hitting the water (yes unfortunately this really happened. I am not joking around. Seriously know your fricking backdrop!). One of the clowns yelled angrily and no more shots were heard. One clown was then heard saying in a joking fashion “I wonder if I should return fire”.

We interviewed several fly fishermen to see what they had to say about these clowns. “We don’t like them here” one fisherman who wished to remain unidentified said. “They dispel the myth that we are stuffy snobs and we just don’t like that”. “Plus they don’t dress like true fly fishermen” another person said. Another fisherman said “They fish with those damn toy rods”. “Seriously who the heck fishes rods that are under a 3WT”? “Anybody knows you need to fish at least a 5WT for trout”.

We will bring you more on this story as more information becomes available.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great,funny report SashaA little humor in our sad world
Old 10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Saha: Having branches breaking and pellets hitting the water sounds a little too close for comfort!

The wife and I were floating the Green River the other day and we heard several shots fired from a field across the way, but it sounded more like rifle shots. The campground was full of hunters, I think they were hunting antelope.

Larry
Old 10-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Saha: Having branches breaking and pellets hitting the water sounds a little too close for comfort!

The wife and I were floating the Green River the other day and we heard several shots fired from a field across the way, but it sounded more like rifle shots. The campground was full of hunters, I think they were hunting antelope.

Larry

Next time I am going to bring my AR and return the favor I kid, I kid.

Just a couple more shots I wanted to add from the other clown's camera.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I almost spit my orange juice into the screen. Great shots!

MP
Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

This is a most interesting post and it contains some great pictures and nice fish. I'm sure there is a back story to how this came about??

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;