Where do you fish?

bandree

Reaction score
I think it would be cool for everyone to share where they fish and what they fish for.

As for me I fish the Upper Nantahala River. I have only caught rainbows so far in the river. There are natives and stocked fish in the river. Average size is 14-19in. I will be heading up there for Thanksgiving and I plan to fish non-stop, except when the turkey is ready.:p

Jimmie

Reaction score
Rivers and creeks of the Sierras, plus about a half dozen lakes in the Sierras this year. This year I fished the eastern Sierras more than the western side which is close to my home. The east side and west side are two very separate areas separated by a 5-6 hour drive. I fish for trout. I love the sound and look of fast water.

troutbum17

Reaction score
Whereve i can find a trout in a river in the midwest. Currently the Mad river in Urbana Ohio outside of columbus. Avg brown is around 10-12 inches. There are some big boys in the 25" range that i am dying to get on my line. Fish the Au Sable in Michigan lots too and Lake Michgan for carp and smallmouth in the flats.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
This year I have fished the Yampa River, CO, Green River, UT and WY, South Fork of the Snake River, ID, North Platte, WY, North Fork of the South Platte, CO, Colorado River, CO, Roaring Fork/Frying Pan, CO and a couple local lakes and creeks in the Snowies.

Larry

Jackster

Reaction score
Ordinarily the rivers, lakes ponds and streams around NC along with the Outer Banks, that grand tailwater in TN, Michigan when I get a chance and Montana, Idaho and the Yellowstone area at least once a year.

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
The great thing where I live in Northern California (western Placer County) is that there is great fishing within three hour of me. There are some anadromous streams to the west. There is a great tailwater to the north. The Sierras have some wonder streams and lakes to the east. The California Delta is just to the south.

I consider the Lower Yuba River my homewater although the Lower American River is closer. The river is full of wild Rainbow Trout that are eager to look at a fly. It is an anadromous body of water for American Shad, King Salmon, and Steelhead. It can be fished with single handed rods, as well as, Spey rods.

Here's me and a local wild Yuba Rainbow Trout.

MP

webrx

Reaction score
Nevada, I try to hit the truckee river at least once a week, and I also fish the lakes and rivers/streams in California - the eastern side of the Sierras. Favorite nearby lake is Lake Davis, favorite river is the Truckee. I have licenses for both NV and CA and would fish more of the streams in CA if I had someone to show me around. I also don't have a lot of weekends I can just disappear (family and job), so usually day trips are all I can do. I do occassionally get to take the boys to Lake Davis for a weekend camping and fishing trip though, which I really love to do.

d

i want to catch fish

Reaction score
hello everyone
i fish many rivers here in michigan for that famous steelhead but the one that is close to home that i hit everyday is the clinton river a very very hard hit river and a very hard river to fish but it gets a good run off stealhead alot of walleye and suckers in the spring when the steelhead run too so a good amount of fish to catch good luck to every and if your in the area let me konw

Davec921

Reaction score
most of my fishing is just local lakes.
Im just a novice when it comes to fly fishing.
I mostly go after pan fish. would love to get in to some walleye on the fly as well sometime.
later
DAVE

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Those places look absolutely beautiful. Where are the locals?
The first picture is a local stream here in northeastern CT
The second is a state park on the CT shore... about a hour away
And the third is a outer Cape Cod beach. Not quite 3 hours

I think they're beautiful too :icon_bigg

Tree Catcher

Reaction score
Usually fish the creeks and rivers in the local San Berdo mountains of Southern Ca. Also really enjoy heading up to either the Eastern Sierra's or the Western Sierra's. Most weekends I can be found on XXXXX creek :) If anyone wants to meet up and flyfish PM me and we can get out to some running water. Last weekend I saw one person while on the trail, not bad for an area that has millions of people living within a few hours of it.

Sean

Lambster

Reaction score
Dang we got so many we like! Ok here they are! Montana's Bitterroot River, Black Foot River, Clarks Fork, Yellowstone River, Gardner River, Slough Creek... Wyoming's North Platte River, French Creek, Big Creek and Libby Creek...... Arkansas White River and the Norfork River... Tenn's Caney Fork River.... NC. Tuckusegee River, Raven Fork...... Kentucky's Cumberland River and in Georgia Toccoa River, Hooch River, Tululah River, Moccasin Creek and the Etowah River...... got alot more but have to get back out to Wyoming.;):fishing::fishing: Tight Lines!

Lambster

kyflytyer

Reaction score
I do 95% of my fishing in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and surrounding areas. I fish for rainbows, browns, and brook trout. There are also some very nice smallmouth in the Park. My favorite spot is Hazel Creek on the North Carolina side. Even though I try to make at least one trip a year elsewhere, the Smokies remain my favorite.

ksigtuck

Reaction score
I fish mostly creek and rivers around SW VA, Damascus, Grayson Highlands, and usually make a monthly trip to Ravens Fork in NC.
Tuck

Pocono

Reaction score
Mostly on the small freestone creeks in northeastern PA (Poconos)/southeastern NY (Catskills).

Favorite streams include: Broadhead Creek, Big Bushkill Creek, Tobyhanna Creek, Tunkhanock Creek, Mud Run, Hickory Run, McMichael's Creek, Appenzell Creek, Swiftwater Creek, Lehigh River, Penn's Creek, Little Juniata River and others (lot of others).

I'm usually fishing with my wife, Marty. Once in a while we take a trip to somewhere that we haven't fished before. This year it was Chile; fishing on the Petrohue River in Northern Patagonia. Last year it was Shalom's Forest in Japan, fishing with Neversink (a great time!). The year before that it was Paradise Valley in Montana.

Here's a pic of a typical creek up here in the Pocono mountains:

Pocket water/Brookies is my favorite type of fishing. Give me a good 3 wt. rod, some small dries and nymphs, leave me alone and you wont' see me again until the sun goes down; way down! ;)

fyshstykr

Reaction score
We fish mainly in Idaho, but we do make it to Wyoming and Montana when we can.
Our favorites are The Southfork of the Snake, The Henry's Fork, The Madison, Henry's Lake, The upper Snake River around Jackson with Davo, The upper Green in Wyoming, The Green in Utah, Strawberry Reservoir in Utah, Willard Bay(also in Utah), and now the Salmon River in Idaho. :) There are some other smaller streams and lakes that nobody would recognize.

futuramille

Reaction score
Twice a week at least, its bass, bluegill, crappy fishing in lakes and local ponds here in SC. Once every two weeks we go trout fishing in northern SC or South western NC. Twice a year I fish lakes in central florida for bass and panfish and once a year I go offshore fishing out of lighthouse point (south of West Palm Beach) floriday. Every other year or so we boat down from lighthouse point to the keys and fish those islands.

This next year my goal is to fish the Bighorn Mountains Wyo. A little trip back "home" is definitely in order.

Favorites:
Inner coastal water way in Miami for peacock bass - FL
Saint John's river just up from Lake Mary for Stripers - Orlando FL
Ockachobee hydrilla fields for bass - Fl
Lake Murray for bass and crappy - SC
Lake Secession & Lake Greenwood for Bass - SC
Chauga/Chattooga/Eastatoee rivers for trout - SC
....and last but best of all, my own pond on the horse ranch for Bass.