The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 08:59 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default my 1st steelie of the season!

got my 1st steelie of the season. got a female today swinging a olive/pink/white clouser. also caught a perch on it too! lol. no other bites tho. seen a couple people saying they caught 1 also. went yesterday and only got 1 bass.
Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:15 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my 1st steelie of the season!

Great catch! That fish has some girth to it. I bet it put up a good fight.

MP
Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice GMF, what are all those fish in the last photo?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go George. You are the Great Lakes Steelhead King.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 10-21-2009, 04:12 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fish George! I'll be up on the Salmon River over the weekend of Nov. 7/8 trying to hook a few of those fish. Any pointers on the best places to fish that water?

Are those the shad that you talked about in the last pic?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

McFly: Great start to the steelie season, way to go!

Larry
Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys! she put up a good fight. took me on 6 or 7 nice runs and jumped out the water and everything before I landed her. yes those fish in the last pic are the shad. went again today but no bites and noone got anything that I talked to. we need more rain! pocono never been to that river before. sorry man! I kno a kid whowent and fished it and caught some kings tho. said he got them on sucker spawns i think.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:11 PM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

Nice steelhead. I'm guessing that's your "home water". I'm heading to the Chagrin Sat if it looks worthwhile. Gotta get the new rod & reel broken in. Continued success.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:28 PM

ya my home waters! the water is very low/clear fish are at the mouth in deeper holes and wanna move up but are stuck until we get more rain. not much going last 2 days but rain coming might push a few up and make it fishable again for steel! u ever fish the v? hear chagrin is way better than it. never been that way hour or more drive or so from here.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

tried again yesterday but no luck. noone else I saw got any neither. just 1 of them days. I got 3 nice fall pictures tho! enjoy!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:33 PM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

I've fished the V for smallies. Never for steel. The Chagrin is actually closer. The Rock even closer but, the extra drive to the Chagrin is worth it. We're gonna try it tomorrow morning.