The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 09:35 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pyramid Lake advice

Public nudity is prohibited on the reservation. milt. (11.14.5 Pyramid Lake Code)

Last edited by milt spawn; 03-29-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla View Post
Sincerely appreciate all the thoughts and advice. I'll hopefully have a good report and some pictures to share when we get back!

Any other thoughts, I'm still all ears!
Tyson: Your welcome, I hope you gathered some good advice and hopefully that will help your fishing Pyramid lake. Looking forward to your trip report!

Larry

Larry
Old 03-29-2011, 07:55 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Tyson, like milt said, keep you drawers on. No mooning the locals.
See you this weekend at the
WASATCH FLY FISHING AND TYING EXPO @ the Salt Palace. April 1 and 2
I should be in the raffle bucket area with Stu and Cary. You can beat up on Cary there.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:31 PM

vanilla is on a distinguished road

Well, the maiden voyage to Pyramid came and left. The fishing was anything but stellar, but we still had a great time. Was able to get a ton of great information here, and from some regulars we mingled with out there. Apparently we showed up about 2 days too late, as the first half of the week it was fishing INCREDIBLE! But a storm came in and dropped the water temps about 8 degrees we were told, and it shut things off pretty good for the weekend. We were able to manage some fish, nothing huge, but definitely enough to get me to go back! Thanks again for all the advice and leads.

Here's a few pics from the weekend:

Click the image to open in full size.

http://lockemandrockem.blogspot.com/
Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Tyson: Timing is everything, LOL! Great trip report and glad you were able to land a few fish, boy are those beauties! Congrats!

Larry

Larry
Old 04-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

I didn't get to go, but the 8th-10th my FF Club fished Pyramid and my good friend Ken caught his biggest trout of a lifetime 32." Last year he hooked one in the same size class, but got wrapped around his later some how and lost the fish. If the club ever gets the pictures up on our website I'll put a link up to it.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:23 PM

vanilla is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Tyson: Timing is everything, LOL!
Ain't that the truth? And my timing as of late has been impeccable! I did see a guy 2 ladders up from me catch a 29 inch 9+ pounder on Friday. It was a great fish. Talked to some guys who were in a group that caught multiple 9-10's and even a 14 pounder during the week leading up to when we arrived. It would be nice to watch conditions and just head out to the lake when they are perfect. But when you have to drive for 8+ hours to get there...you take what you can and enjoy the time out even if the fishing is a little tough. That's why they call it "fishing" instead of "catching!" It's an incredible place, and I'll definitely go back next year some time.

Now if I can just get Mojo to spill the beans on some SE Idaho stillwaters this spring....

http://lockemandrockem.blogspot.com/
Old 04-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ain't that the truth? And my timing as of late has been impeccable! I did see a guy 2 ladders up from me catch a 29 inch 9+ pounder on Friday. It was a great fish. Talked to some guys who were in a group that caught multiple 9-10's and even a 14 pounder during the week leading up to when we arrived. It would be nice to watch conditions and just head out to the lake when they are perfect. But when you have to drive for 8+ hours to get there...you take what you can and enjoy the time out even if the fishing is a little tough. That's why they call it "fishing" instead of "catching!" It's an incredible place, and I'll definitely go back next year some time.

Now if I can just get Mojo to spill the beans on some SE Idaho stillwaters this spring....
Tyson: Well said, but getting to fish a place like that, in the back of your mind you just know there is always the possibility of landing a trout of a lifetime!

Larry

Larry
Old 04-12-2011, 06:59 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:

Tyson, anytime you want to go, you're more than welcome. I talked to Larry Tullis at the show and we're going to hit Daniels soon as ice off comes (that's a killer time with a blood worm) which might be July or August if the weather doesn't get better. I told him I'll give him a call when I find out.
And there's still over 4' of snow up at the Berry. That's going to be a late May ice off.

You know how to get a hold of me.
Alan
Old 04-14-2011, 01:18 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a good time was had on your trip, congrats! I might try and head up there is next weekend and see what I can get into.