The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 03:43 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whats' the Best productive stream you've ever fished

Great idea MTskibum, I know the Flitners.

I don't mind telling whomever...no one will go. I wish they would, the fishing and the community's business' could use the traffic. Wyoming is simply too big with good fishing everywhere.

PM sent.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:05 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I hae fished the Truckee and the Snake, and some little streams in Idaho and Nevada, but the most productive (# of fish per day) has been Davis Lake. The largest on small tackle (4# test ultralight spinning gear) was a 10.2# rainbow on the snake, long story, primary rod broke, backup was an ultralight. Fly Gear was the Truckee, 7-8# Brown on a 5wt with 4# tippet. My buddy and I picked up an easy 30-40 fish at the lake a few weeks ago. Now it is snowed in and ice on about 10 feet of the edges. So waiting for ice out, I don't ice fish.

Dave
Old 12-14-2009, 07:07 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pack!
So it's "one of the most difficult to wade." If your stream is what I am thinking about, the stream that I mentioned is a trib of your stream.

MP
Old 12-17-2009, 03:07 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

This is a pretty good little set of pictures of my favorite. No shots of the actual part of the river I like best but its all pretty nice.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:27 AM

tonysav is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the great info I'll have to plan a trip there.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 AM

flyfishnflowers is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Wyoming is gorgeous. Definitely on the much-later list.

Gotta start with the backyard first though. Want to go to the Pere Marquette again this year, along with Muskegon. Would REALLY like to hit the Au Sable, but I need to hone my skills before I travel that far and pay good money to fish.

There are also streams within half an hour that are owned by TU and the Local Conservation club, catch and release only with stocked trout from Muskegon. Something tells me these are going to be quite nice in the Spring.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:02 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Sounds like a great place Future...

Flyfishnflowers, by all means go up and fish the Au Sable, it's a very wadeable stream and the fishing is good...Fish the Holy Waters...

Dan
Old 01-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

With no doubt...the Loisach in Austria 25 years ago,before the great flood...the density of browns and bows was amazing in the fastest and most difficult to fish sections.When I guided with the Fischmeister we had an afternoon off...and we used to fish together,I'll always remember one of them when all the fish were out and rising like mad on dries...we must have caught at least seventy trout...in fact I don't know...but what I know is this must happen once in your lifeWill you find where I am on this pic...taken 25 years ago?
Click the image to open in full size.
Might be easier on this page of a flyer
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi JP,

Well they are all funny looking so it is hard to tell.

Frank
Old 01-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn't be a good detective Frankhere's a clue:57-25=?