The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 01:59 PM

kuka will become famous soon enough
Default Patagonia 2011 fotos

I send you some pictures of Rio Gallegos Patagonia ...
belong to the early season in Argentina
Later sent to other rivers

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patagonia 2011 fotos

Martin, great photos, love those big Browns and that is one cool looking bridge. Thanks for sharing! I hope to make it down there one day, in the meantime I can dream through your photos.

Larry

Old 03-29-2011, 05:30 PM

951tightline is on a distinguished road

One day I'll be there! Those are some monster browns! Thanks for sharing

Tight Lines
Scott
Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Nice pics thanks for sharing. Beautiful fish and surroundings!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 PM

twfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the rough

I am drooling! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:09 AM

joshuanoerr is on a distinguished road

Nothing gets fly fisherman searching for airfare deals like some awesome pictures of Patagonia!

I thank you, but my wife may not!

I know I'm addicted
Old 03-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi kuka,

Thanks for sharing your photos. Very nice fish. I see you are using a double handed rod. What flies are you fishing for those big browns?

Frank
Old 03-30-2011, 08:48 PM

kuka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi kuka,

Thanks for sharing your photos. Very nice fish. I see you are using a double handed rod. What flies are you fishing for those big browns?

Frank
Yes Frank, i use double handed rod is much better and rivers comodopara ground fire or Rio Gallegos, also use them for large Chinook in chile .. In these rivers have to throw long distances and also the wind almost always blows average 30 miles and flies usually heavy .. like little cats.
Depends on the month that you are fishing is more or less wind, more or less water, more or less clear, and according to these conditions with different fishing flies and lines ..
Rio Grande in November and December and usually has a lot of dirty water thaws, you need to get quickly to the floor or bottom. Trout are newly arrived and looking calm waters with little current. In these times you use sinking lines V and VI and also T 17 / 18.
Big flies similar to those used for steelhead and many rubber feet.
Later in January and February, it is easy ... ja ja , they are all on wells and close together and they take everything, nymphs, streamers, and even on occasion for some dry up.
The waters are low and the trout and are quiet. Often with low water the river becomes more technical to fish .. This is more what happens in Rio Gallegos, is more difficult to catch but the river is smaller and more comfortable with the wind .. only if you're right is favorable side .. This area of ​​Patagonia is very hard.
I use LOOP multi or black line # 8, 12 `8` and use interchangeable shooting head lines (LOOP).
Flies: trailer hooks (Paul Miller), buggers, etc. in "the Fly Shop" has a section with flies Rio Grande.
To Rio Gallegos, is another thing, the trout are more scary, use small flies, tube flies, and flies similar to Beech Creek.
We use a floating or sinking lines II or III. It's more fun.
Greetings
Kuka

Old 03-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dang Martin those are sure some nice looking fish you are catching, I'm jones'n to go to Patagonia some day! I can see why you have gone to a two handed rod with that kind of wind your dealing with. Here in Wyoming we get some pretty hard wind in the spring.

Larry

Old 03-31-2011, 08:41 AM

vanilla is on a distinguished road

I saw an episode of Hooked on the Fly that was done on the Rio Gallegos. Looked pretty incredible, and definitely made me want to make a trip there someday. Awesome pics!

http://lockemandrockem.blogspot.com/