The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Time and Last Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I can count every single person who fished the areas I was in this summer on one hand. I like it that way. Next year will probably be the same, but the year after that I should be nearly alone. Three of them were working on replacing a bridge in an area I fish. They will be done and gone some time next summer. Much of the problems people have in situations like tjc's, is symptomatic of the population in general. Nobody teaches kids manners today, and haven't in many years. We pay for it with crime rates, trashy shores, and idiots in drift boats running you out of a run,and the rest of the world going to hell in a handbasket. I have less than 2000 people in my whole county, so I can identify and avoid the rude jerks pretty easily. I think it's time to bring manners back.
Dan, Amen to that! Unfortunately, kids don't learn basic manners at home any longer!

Larry
Old 01-08-2010, 08:44 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

On the one hand, the kids I know are much more sensitive regarding gender,
race, ethnicity, religion, etc, compared to when I was a kid. OTOH, it's a
tough business world, and the client in the boat wants results. I say chuck
rocks around the boat, but since we live in a cell phone/camera video phone
world, I'd just splash around like Shamu...LOL!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:50 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
I say chuck rocks around the boat, but since we live in a cell phone/camera video phone world, I'd just splash around like Shamu...LOL!
That's priceless!!!

Now we gotta get you a set of black and white waders and wading jacket to get the full effect!

MP
Old 01-08-2010, 09:26 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Since it's cold this time of year, you can buy one of these for $100.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone remember the ad for Scott rods from about 10-12 years ago?
"Unmatched lifting power"

The photo was of an angler on the bow of a flats boat yanking a guy off a jet-ski while the guide in the stern cheers him on.

Can't find the picture on-line, but it was great. They even sold it as a poster.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:37 PM

fish_gypsy is on a distinguished road

TJC- did you happen to see any logos on the boat?

When that sort of thing happens to me (it's only happened two or three times), I try and make a mental note of the outfitter and send them an email when I get home. I simply tell them what happened, that I was dissappointed in their guide's behaviour, that I've related the story to my friends, and that I won't be using their services in the future. It may or may not prevent it from happening in the future, but it generally makes me feel better.

http://www.fishgypsy.wordpress.com
Old 01-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was waiting for a big Pike to come up and whack the boat. I think it was in Arizona, a guide and a client used one to take a bait into a no fishing area by a dam. They broke the state record for Striped Bass. However, some guy video taped the whole thing and they took away tthe record, the guides license, and fined them both. Use your RC boat for good, and not evil. Annoying drift boats that run you out of your spot is good....right?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:16 AM

tonysav is on a distinguished road

Great video that will help.