The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 12:24 AM

colotrout has a spectacular aura aboutcolotrout has a spectacular aura aboutcolotrout has a spectacular aura about
Default Just checkin' in

Hi Fellows,
It's been a while and I hope you are all doing ok.

Winter is still very real here in Northern CO but I managed to get one of my best days, ever. Big fish, mild weather, complete solitude, and beautiful surroundings on the Poudre.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just checkin' in

I think you may have already told me, but where in Northern Colorado are you? I used to live there myself. Graduated from Poudre High School in Fort Collins.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:40 AM

colotrout has a spectacular aura aboutcolotrout has a spectacular aura aboutcolotrout has a spectacular aura about

Right here in the Fort!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Welcome back, good to hear from you.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back, post some photos of your fishing if you have a camera, we would love to see your fish!

Larry
Old 02-09-2010, 12:21 PM

I want to but "Posting rules" say I may not post attachments...

Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Welcome back, post some photos of your fishing if you have a camera, we would love to see your fish!

Larry

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

In the meantime: colotrout Gallery - My Photo Gallery
Old 02-09-2010, 02:24 PM

wayland46 is on a distinguished road

Great Pics!.....Will be in Estes this August....Is the Poudres still having WD problems?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM

WD problems? What's that?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:00 PM

wayland46 is on a distinguished road

Sorry about that...read an article dated 2009 that said the Poudre was infected with Whirling Disease.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Well, I will enquire at local fly fishing shops but I must say that I haven't heard anything locally. I'm assuming that if it was a serious problem, I would have heard something.

Also, waylan, if you are going to be in Estes, and if you haven't fished it, I would suggest your try the Big Thompson. If flows right thru town and can be fished for miles practically all the way to Loveland though I would stray upstream of Drake. You also should fish in the Park. The roaring river offers exceptional small stream fishing and you would be fishing the very special Greenback Cutthroat! And the scenery is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Cheers!