The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 PM

i want to catch fish will become famous soon enough
Default southeast michigan steelhead

Well this morning i decided to get up early and check the weather and stream flow and seen that it hasent changed since last night so about 7 i crawled out of bed and knew there where fish down river because i walked it yesterday and seen some on reds even in the dirty water. I thought for sure i would see a few other fishermen but when i pulled into the parking lot i was by my self i grabed my fly rod and headed down river. I went right to where i seen the fish yesterday and they where still there plus more.
The hen was rolling and digging hard i decided to leave her alone and try to hit the drop back bucks well on the second drift indicator goes down and the reel is screaming this little buck was full of energy
Click the image to open in full size.
i worked my way back up river and none of the fish where spooked so i gave it 10 to 15 min to watch them and study them to see if i could learn from them so i seen a nice dark spot move up and on my second roll cast indicator goes under and the fish leaps out of the air and seen it was a nice fish i jump in the water and he runs me down river after about 20 min of fighting him i was able to beach him
after a safe realese i worked my way back up river and seen 3 more on the drop back of the red and roll casted up stream and after 6 or 7 drifts indicator takes another dump and this fish wasnt as lively but put up a nice battle this one fell to an orange egg
well after going 3 for 3 i worked my way back up river and retied. Decided to try something differnt but on a early girl egg and seen 2 bucks fighting each other i casted up in front of them and they both attacked my egg well make the story short the bigger out of the 2 took the egg and the little one took the ride with him the whole way never left his side and also the little one was just overly aggresive towards him attacking him and bitting him heres the pic
i couldn't stay all day had to bug out early but what a great day on the Clinton River please enjoy[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Last edited by Frank Whiton; 04-11-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:51 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: southeast michigan steelhead

Nice report...Try uploading your pics to the gallery here...

Dan
Old 04-09-2010, 09:58 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Great report, glad to here you got into em. Dans right you can't upload photos directly to your posts. Upload to the gallery first then click the insert photo icon above and enter the url for the photo in the gallery.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi i want,

Here is a link to a FAQ that explains how to upload and post pictures. Send me a PM if you still have a problem.

Frank
Old 04-11-2010, 04:14 PM

i want to catch fish will become famous soon enough

thanks frank for helping me out
Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

Nice...!!!!

Question for the Steelie Fishers...

Do you ever fish doubles? And if you do have you ever caught 2? I have with bluegills but they don't count. And this weekend saw my first double hook up for trout, only to have the first fish get slack and get off.

I can't imagine getting two of the beasts on. What a rush one would be.