The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chasing little brownies

Last week I went fishing twice and decided to fish the upper sections of the two streams where I spent innumerable hours for years(Orb and Lergue) ...they’re still beautiful and very interesting to cast flies .I specially love the Lergue,I have memories there behind every rock ….this section is very technical unfortunately the density of fish…is but the shadow of its former self…same with hatches.Anyway I could catch some wonderful little brownies on dry (jpb olive & dace’s delight)and enjoyed the scenery.I used my new Streamflex 10’( not a 6’ or 7’ Ard) and really like it( I should post a review when I finish all my tests)
Some pics
River Orb

Click the image to open in full size.

Stream Lergue

Pic from the pass between the two valleys.

Some little brownies.
mcnerney and diamond rush like this.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:35 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Chasing little brownies

Great photos JP!! Really beautiful water and surrounding scenery!! Thanks for sharing.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Hi JP
lovely scenario
Keep them coming
Old 05-08-2011, 07:25 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Beautiful pics JP. I love chasing little wild brownies too. Looks like some really tight quarters between the bushes there. Tough casting.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 05-08-2011, 01:05 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice

The beautiful scenery and nature of those streams offset the low density of the fish by leaps and bounds! What a neat place to fish and make memories!
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/
Old 05-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

JP: Both of those streams are really beautiful! Don't let Allan see that water, he might want to move into your spare bedroom! LOL!

Larry

Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

That's exactly the type of water I love!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:13 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Nice looking water JP, very nice pics and report..

Dan
Old 05-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys...I thought you would like these picsmeaters are allowed to keep 7" trout there....what a shame!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM

Stillwater angler has a spectacular aura aboutStillwater angler has a spectacular aura about

Wonderful river and great little browns....... thanks for posting them.

Your spoilt rotton

How big can the browns go in that river ?

I've been hooked on wild browns for near 30 years...... .... have a small town river i minute from my door and a larger river, the river Ure, also 1 minute from my door.......... it's great
mcnerney likes this.
Fulling Mill.
Trout Fisherman.