The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:53 AM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wyoming Grayling and Goldens

This summer I will be living in Dubois, Wyoming. I lived there last summer as well, and did a lot of fishing, but only had one day off, so i had to stay pretty close to the ranch. Well this year, I am working for the Game and Fish, so I will have weekends off. I plan on doing a couple camping trips, and would love to try for some grayling or goldens, just to add to my list of fish caught. Where would be the closest places to Dubois to accomplish this feat. I heard that lake of the woods has grayling.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 AM

troutbum17 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wyoming Grayling and Goldens

I know you can catch goldens in the wind river range in southwest wyomng, might be quite a treck for a weekend though.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Check out this article on Golden Trout: Golden Trout in Wyoming

It highly recommends getting a copy of Rich Osthoff's book Fly Fishing the rocky Mountain Back Country:
Amazon.com: Fly Fishing the Rocky Mountain Backcountry (9780811727662): Rich Osthoff: Books Amazon.com: Fly Fishing the Rocky Mountain Backcountry (9780811727662): Rich Osthoff: Books

Rich also sells a line of flies specifically designed for the Rocky Mtn backcountry: Rich Osthoff Signature Flies

Larry
Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 PM

wypatch will become famous soon enough

The Bighorn mts`s got goldies up at some of the higher lakes. I dont know the names of the lake but I`ve been told by a few people that if you take the trail head at W. Tensleep lake and go up you`ll find some lakes that got`em.