The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough
Default Two Days of Brookie Fishing the Mountians of NC, Pic Heavy

Well me and my dad went out last weekend fishing two new small brookie streams. All in all a great weekend both days together we managed about 65 fish. ENJOY!

Click the image to open in full size.

Yellow Sally

Slingshot never fails

Day 2 started off with bad weather

Old 05-10-2010, 09:26 PM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Two Days of Brookie Fishing the Mountians of NC, Pic Heavy

Those are some gorgeous little gems! That's some tight cover! Good thing for the "bow and arrow" cast eh?

Good on ya!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Great streamside photos and brookies! Thanks for sharing!

Larry
Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

You just gotta love those little "suicide" fish! They are so scrappy. I love the look of that stream.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

MP
Old 05-11-2010, 05:47 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I've never fished for brook trout, none here in Oklahoma. Looks like a fun time you had. What is your pole length? I have a 7'6" 3wt I bought to use in West Virginia for places like your fishing, just have never went yet.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:56 AM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

It's a 6'6" Winston fiberglass 3 weight
Old 05-11-2010, 08:48 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Outstanding report and pictures. Glad you had such a great couple days out. Welcome to the forum and keep the reports coming please.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:09 PM

pdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the roughpdq 5oh is a jewel in the rough

If I was only allowed to fish for one kind, it'd be brookies. They're so eager & aggressive. Watching them dart out of cover to attack a fly then dart back in if they miss is great. Those are some very well fed brookies. The one is a hog. Thanks for posting your pics.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I really enjoyed the pictures of the streams. I miss those hidden heavens that exist from North Georgia to Maine. The photos brought back memories.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-12-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I really enjoyed the pictures of the streams. I miss those hidden heavens that exist from North Georgia to Maine. The photos brought back memories.

Ard
If you ever want to rediscover them send me a pm and we could make some plans.